This role is part of our Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) Diagnostics team. You will be responsible for automating the ASR Diagnostics process by developing various software tools. These tools will help identify the algorithmic changes needed to address accuracy issues. This role provides a great opportunity to develop an understanding of different ASR system components & their functionality. You will play a critical part in improving our ASR system for one of our priority languages.
In this role you will:
- Build software tools for speech recognition diagnostics
- Automate & scale speech system diagnostics across multiple languages
- Analyze speech system errors, find patterns, & identify the root cause
- Collaborate with other teams to implement solutions
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or in a related quantitative discipline
- You possess advanced level fluency in at least one of the following languages: French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish
- You take pride in writing clean, efficient code in Python, Java, or C++
- You are comfortable communicating your questions & ideas when solving problems
Wed be especially excited if you are multilingual & have a linguistics & phonology background. Also, dont forget to mention If you have experience in speech recognition.
At SoundHound, we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, were trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed & accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. Were making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app & Hound voice assistant & through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, & Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, & every other part of the emerging voice-first world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists & linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, & a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.
* Resume/CV & cover letter need to be submitted in English in order for your application to be considered.