Who we are & what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, & survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious & enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved & well known throughout the worldover 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure & understand feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & the market. And our enterprise-grade products & solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challengesfrom delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Team
The Platform Product organization is a team that we've assembled to provide direction & a product lens on all the work the platform organization does at SurveyMonkey supporting our product pillars. With every product capability we ship to our internal customers, we provide a scalable environment for our product & engineering teams to build exciting experiences for our customers.
What we're looking for
SurveyMonkey is looking for an experienced product manager to oversee important privacy & data protection product programs. You will partner with other Product teams, Legal, Security, Engineering, Database, Customer Success & Marketing. We are looking for someone to be the expert & go-to resource for all things product privacy (e.g. GDPR, CCPA, e-privacy & digital content management). If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything you work on, is passionate about privacy & data protection, loves data, enjoys solving complex problems, knows how to foster relationships & build trust, & works for the success of the entire team, then this is the role for you. You will have opportunities to learn, teach & grow. You will lead some efforts while offering support for others.
- Develop a product roadmap for customer privacy & consent management (e.g GDPR & CCPA), balancing our users' trust in our platform & enabling the business to grow, scale & support our customers
- Define practical product requirements factoring in user needs & problems, legal & regulatory requirements, compliance policy landscape, & business strategy
- Assist on privacy impact assessments for new product features & feature updates
- Be the privacy product contact for other product teams on incorporating privacy user experience & interactions into their products & adopting privacy solutions
- Lead efforts to identify & manage dependencies, align business & technical needs, mitigate risks, & build clear lines of communication across teams
- Build relationships with important partners by defining priorities aligned with business goals, communicating & prioritizing product roadmaps, & gaining agreement from executive leadership
- Conduct industry & competitive analysis & trends to understand privacy laws & regulations
- 4+ years experience in B2B software/SaaS product management, or related data privacy, compliance, risk management roles
- Understanding of common privacy industry standards/regulations or interest in privacy domain
- Technical understanding beyond buzzwords. Command of the web components behind privacy (e.g. cookies & cookie types, local storage, i-frames, browser security features); & the differences between how browsers & mobile apps function
- Experience with multi-region distributed systems with both European & US data centers
- A talent for structuring complex problems, developing clear hypotheses, & prioritizing work against the largest impact projects
- Track record on collaborating & partnering across multiple teams & leaders & across multiple locations & time zones
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts here.