iCapital is powering the worlds alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, & banks evaluate & recommend bespoke public & private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $113 billion in global client assets invested in 942 funds, as of January 2022.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barrons Industry Awards & selected to the 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role
iCapital is hiring a Vice President, Fund Attorney to join its Legal group. The focus will include representing private funds on a wide spectrum of matters including compliance & regulatory issues, capital raising, marketing, investor relations, fund formation & structuring, corporate transactional matters, etc. Ideal candidate should have strong experience in both drafting & negotiating fund documents, side letters, placement agreements & related fund materials. You will work closely with both our General Counsel & Deputy General Counsel throughout the fund formation process.
- Negotiation of various agreements with counterparties including fund managers & distribution agents
- Draft & review of private fund offering materials, partnership agreements & other private fund legal documentation
- Regulatory filing assistance
- Advise on the legal implications of offering new & existing products & services
- Coordinating with outside legal counsel with respect to a variety of issues including regulatory, corporate & fund investment work
- Review of marketing materials for SEC & FINRA compliance
- Draft & review various contracts, non-disclosure agreements & other legal documentation
- Perform ad hoc research projects
- 4+ years of fund formation experience within the Investment Management space (Private Equity & Hedge Fund)
- Strong knowledge of the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, & FINRA regulations
- Member in good standing of New York Bar or another state or jurisdiction
- Law firm or in-house experience at an asset management firm is a plus
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills
- Willingness to learn new topics & work in an evolving business environment
- High level of integrity
- Organized & detail oriented with big picture capability
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, annual performance bonus, & an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, & virtual mental health counseling; & generous paid time off (PTO) featuring unlimited sick time & parental leave.
As we re-enter our offices, iCapital offers most employees the flexibility to work in the office three to four days & remotely for the remainder of the week. Every department has different needs, & some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital Network is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.