Lead Product Designer
Vimeos mission is to empower creators to make, share & market the highest quality videos to viewers worldwide.
Vimeo Israel is focussed entirely on this mission - we are building an AI powered video creation tool designed to be best in class for simplicity as well as quality of output, which is a serious challenge & requires the best talent to achieve.
About product design at Vimeo
At the core of Vimeos DNA is a focus on seamless & intuitive workflow, & designers at Vimeo have a major impact on the business. Since Vimeos inception, we've designed beautiful, minimalistic UI around the worlds best videos, an incredibly friendly website, & engaging mobile & TV experiences.
About this role
As Lead Product Designer, youll manage a nimble & growing design team. Youll work closely with engineers, product managers, team stakeholders & senior Vimeo management in New York, acting as point person in Israel for product design & UX conversations. Were not looking for a pure manager - were looking for a design leader who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, who can raise the bar experientially & aesthetically through individual contribution as well as mentorship & guidance of the team.
What youll do:
- Lead a team of 3 product designers (and growing), to execute simple & beautiful designs at a rapid cadence that combine intuitive UX with a cohesive, cross-platform product
- Be the guardian of the Vimeo brand & product consistency, while also identify opportunities for improvement.
- Actively engage in user research, product data review & maintain current competitive market knowhow to identify trends & make wise design decisions
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work, including that of your team, & take responsibility for every last detail
- Shepherd the design of new features from the concept phase all the way to release & beyond, creating product spec, process flows, wireframes, mockups, & prototypes
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, data analysts & developers of all levels & diverse experience to creatively solve problems & reach our goals
- Develop a constructive process to mentor & guide the work of your team, including regular 1-on-1 meetings & assistance in prioritisation
- You will report to VP Design in New York
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- At least 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar UX-related role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Experience with SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) metrics & how to iteratively build products that grow a business
- Portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant product experience, showing work & process & illustrate how it was informed by quantitive & qualitive user research
- Ability to communicate your design vision through verbal & written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups, from designers to the leadership team
- Experience managing tasks for a small team of designers
- Proficient English & Hebrew
- 10+ years experience in digital product design
- Management experience as a Design Manager or Product Manager
- Bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent UX experience
- Prototyping know-how (Invision, Principle, Flinto, Framer etc)
Vimeo is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs