At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. Were improving the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count.
The Finance team wears many hats as analysts, strategists, forecasters & liaisons to Wall Street. Whether its providing analysis to support business decisions, managing the financial needs of an innovation-focused organization, or partnering across the company to drive results, our passion is providing the analytical horsepower & funding to support OnDecks strategic plan. Were results focused, but love our jobs & are always having fun & we like it that way.
As an International Accountant, you will be primarily responsible for the accounting & reporting of our international operations as well as supporting the domestic accounting team on day-to-day accounting & reporting of our domestic operations & reporting. Advanced technical accounting knowledge of international accounting & reporting matters including (but not limited to) foreign currency matters, CTA, hedging, consolidation of foreign currency financial statements including cash flows, etc., is crucial. Working knowledge of IFRS is a definite plus.
As the International Accountant, you will:
- Be responsible for developing, where needed, & maintaining accounting policies & procedures between the parent company & international operations.
- Be the primary point of contact between parent & foreign subsidiaries accounting staff
- Support both the foreign subsidiaries as well as the U.S. accounting team monthly close procedures.
- Monitor & maintain compliance with transfer pricing & intercompany agreements
- Support external auditors as required
- Help develop, maintain & monitor SOX controls & procedures
- Work on ad-hoc projects & reporting
Qualifications for success:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- You have 5-8 years of experience working as a Senior Accountant, Assistant Controller, or Auditor at a major/mid-level accounting firm or for a public company. Financial Services experience a plus.
- You are a CPA with a strong command of GAAP
- Strong technical knowledge of foreign currency matters including foreign currency transactions, remeasurement & translation, foreign currency cash flows, FX hedging, etc.
- You have a strong background with financial reporting, & financial statement preparation including inclusion of foreign currency financial statements into USD denominated parent financials.
- You have experience with journal entries, internal controls, as well as preparation participation in external audits
- You maintain the highest standards of accuracy, precision, discretion, & confidentiality
- You are skilled in MS Excel & have experience in various accounting software (NetSuite knowledge is a plus)
- You are comfortable working independently as well as working in a team environment & can multi-task while managing deadlines
- You embrace new skills & concepts quickly & efficiently
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing & thriving enterprises. Since 2007, weve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, were reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble & strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each & every team member plays an important role in our companys success. Thats why we strive to provide you & your family with a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**