At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger & the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives & with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development & operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level5, you will have the opportunity to develop & deploy tomorrows hardware & software solutions & thereby revolutionize transportation.
As our NPI Operations Engineer you will play a critical role defining & facilitating PLM & vehicle assembly processes. Collaborating with the engineering, Manufacturing, supply chain & build teams to generate production project plans to help lyftI develop its next generation autonomous vehicle.
- Drive Level 5s pre-production vehicle builds from a organization, operational & materials-management perspective
- Lead cross functional problem solving initiatives related to manufacturing with Electrical, Mechanical & Software Engineering
- Collaborate with Hardware engineering, supply chain & build teams to define milestones & detailed timeline to drive execution of vehicle builds
- Collaborate with engineering teams to establish & track detailed build process flows
- Collaborate with engineering & supply chain to accurately configure, release & maintain multi-level detailed BOM structures
- Track & report PLM change control activities & overall BOM readiness to cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineering to develop & implement comprehensive manufacturing processes & testing flow, equipment/fixture designs, implementation schedules & validation plans
- Communicate manufacturing & build readiness, track major risks & corrective actions, & creatively problem solve issues that arrive during Vehicle builds
- BS or MS degree in Engineering required, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. MBA or PMP a plus
- 5+ years experience in hardware engineering, manufacturing, process engineering or operations program management - proven ability to effectively manage factory build events
- Experience in a medium volume/high mix management environment
- Experience creating & managing BOMs, Engineering changes, & dviations in ARENA
- Expertise with PLM tools & software
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Attention to detail & ability to manage detailed build planning
- Able to drive ambiguous project to successful closure
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Self starter able to define engineering tasks to meet project objectives & ability to quickly learn new processes with limited information provided
- Positive customer-first attitude
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.