WHO ARE WE?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is scaling our product offerings & looking for product innovators to define & operationalize the next wave of topics & courses we teach. This role exists at the intersection of market research, product management, & service design. Success in the role requires working closely with operational & instructional design teams at GA & powerfully describing & defining our products.
You will be the principal architect on a portfolio of popular instructor-led courses as well as a suite of self-paced & assessment products within the data discipline. As a Sr. product manager, you will grow & improve our portfolio of education products, identify opportunities through metrics, outline requirements & user benefits, create & manage project plans, & deliver product improvements designed to delight our learners & move the needle for our business at large.
You will accomplish all of the above by working closely with every team at GA, including our instructional design, production & operations, local markets & regional directors, marketing & admissions, finance & legal, copywriting & design, & senior leadership. You will be the voice, the vision, & the face of the products you manage, making sure that things are accomplished in a timely manner, successfully hit targets, & with all key stakeholders on-board.
Success in your role will be measured by your ability to have short & long-term impact on high-level metrics (measured through revenue, conversion targets, & quality ratings) in a disciplined & agile fashion (measured through project planning, tracking, & budgets) that surface new market opportunities (validated through research & metrics).
- Research the companys performance & competitive landscape to find unserved needs & market opportunities, using research & analysis to guide long-term strategic plans for the evolution of GAs products.
- Understand market demand & user needs, & work across cross-functional product development teams to build & improve GAs portfolio of best-in-class education products to fulfill those demands & needs.
- Combine user research with B2B business needs to inform how you scope the requirements for improving & building new products.
- Based on user & market research, set product vision, identify product opportunities, then develop them into a roadmap.
- Test, iterate, & scale programs globally cross-functionally with operations, marketing, learning design, & client success teams.
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders to set & align strategy, share progress, set expectations, & receive feedback.
- Ensure product success by developing robust market requirements & go-to-market strategies.
- Alignment with & passion for GAs mission to transform our students lives through learning & alignment with GAs statement of Diversity & Inclusion.
- Excellent communication, partner relationship & leadership skills that inspire cross-functional team members (Product, Sales, Marketing, Instructional Design, & Operations, teams) to work in a cohesive & integrated fashion
- Ability to work with all levels of management, including executive leadership & managing through indirect influence
- Track record of utilizing business acumen to materially impact a company or products performance
- Advanced understanding of the needs of our customers across our key business units
- Ability to unpack surface level requests to find out the real questions or problems underneath (i.e. user interview skills)
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape, & industry players/leaders in the broader context of the product
- Strong competency in requisite product/project management tools (including Jira & Confluence) & common communications tools (including Google Apps & Slack)
- Its an added bonus if you have experience in creating engaging learning experiences for adults, online or in-person