CoinList, one of the fastest growing crypto financial platforms, is where the best crypto projects in the world build their communities. We support the full lifecycle of crypto projects, from token sales through token distribution, trading, lending, & crypto-specific services such as staking & access to decentralized-finance opportunities. We've helped projects like Filecoin, Blockstack, & Algorand get off the ground & helped crypto enthusiasts by facilitating more than $1.2 billion in crypto trades. We are the crypto platform for the smartest users in the crypto space. Our customer base includes validators, miners, founders, CEOs, crypto funds, & their principals. We are backed by top-tier investors with offices in SF & NY. We are just getting started.
CoinList has a dynamic legal & compliance team that serves an integral function in supporting the companys expanding corporate needs & product initiatives. As we add complexity to our growing business, we need someone to lead efforts to scale our legal processes, enhance our internal controls, & manage our legal & compliance operations. As part of the team, you would apply your background in a traditional financial services or law firm setting to a fast-paced & cutting edge environment. You would be responsible for project management internally & externally & supporting the varying initiatives of the legal team. Importantly, you would be able to work independently & own your workflow.
This is a full-time position located in SF, NY, or remote.
Who you are:
- You thrive in a start-up environment. You can swiftly understand what's needed & are able to deliver with minimal oversight. You know how to get things done & are capable of understanding what the finish line is & can efficiently, reasonably & effectively get there. You can quickly assess how our systems work, see where faults lie, & recommend improvements.
- You bring to the position exceptional organizational skills, high attention to detail & an ability to manage processes & people.
- Youre not afraid to wear a lot of hats. You roll up your sleeves to tackle any task thats needed on the team, even if it's outside your comfort zone. You know how to educate yourself.
- Youre excited about cryptocurrency.
What you will do:
- Project manage incoming internal & external requests for the legal & compliance teams, maintaining multiple task dockets & tracking turnaround times
- Liaise with engineering, business, & marketing teams to coordinate legal review of new product offerings & marketing initiatives
- Administer our contract management system & records pertaining to our various entities
- Coordinate production for legal & compliance diligence required by auditors, insurance providers, & others across all CoinList entities
- Assist with the management of our electronic billing system & communication to various law firms on billing matters
- Support strategic initiatives including offshore expansion & formation & administration of offshore entities.
- Research & provide assistance on ad hoc projects
- Strong organization & process management skills
- Three years experience as a paralegal or as a legal/compliance operations professional
- Experience at a traditional financial institution or at a law firm that focuses on financial services
- Proficiency & experience with Apple products, GSuite, Slack & other cloud-based coworking tools
- Proactive, efficient, detail-oriented, entrepreneurial-minded, & able to function autonomously
- Added points for experience in a startup or with regulations related to our businesses