Away is seeking a marketing associate to help scale our paid Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, & Snapchat. This role reports to our Head of Online Marketing & sits on the Acquisition Marketing team.
The Acquisition team is an iterative, performance-driven squad of marketers. We manage Aways paid media budget, utilizing thoughtful experimentation & rigorous optimization to grow our customer base quickly, efficiently, & sustainably.
The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced team, eager to learn, ready for responsibility, & hungry to make an impact on a growing business. This position is based out of our SoHo headquarters in New York City.
What Youll Do:
- Help grow a world-class Paid Social program across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & Snapchat
- Execute day-to-day channel optimizations, including: ad rotation, building, QAing, & launching new ads, budget reallocation
- Analyze & track campaign & channel performance, build reporting dashboards, & recommend opportunities to improve existing campaigns or generate new learnings for the business
- Work closely with our Creative team, generating briefs, providing recommendations to optimize performance, documenting tests, & regularly sharing findings to inform future evergreen & campaign initiatives
- Develop hypotheses about factors influencing campaign & channel performance, then test & learn in collaboration with the wider Growth Marketing & Data teams
Who You Are:
- You have prior experience (internships or co-ops welcome) doing some form of marketing (paid or unpaid) that involves both visual creative assets & performance tracking.
- You have an understanding of basic marketing metrics, such as CTR or CPM, & what they mean.
- You have at least an intermediate level of experience with Excel, & are comfortable doing data analysis, visualization, & using formulas in the tool.
- You have an intuitive, empathic understanding of people, & an ability to hypothesize why a given message may or may not resonate with a given audience.
- You enjoy taking initiative, & are comfortable tackling problems in uncertain or ambiguous situations.
- You are very comfortable multi-tasking & managing competing priorities.
- You are intellectually curious & have a bias towards rapidly learning new skills or things that interest you.
- You love to travel (but thats a given).
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!