Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Director, Product Marketing is responsible for leading the marketing strategy, positioning & value proposition for CyberSource solutions. This role translates our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales & marketing & to achieve results. This individual will work closely with our global product & sales counterparts to understand the product capabilities & value for targeted markets. They will need to track competitors' products & positioning & maintain a pulse on emerging trends. The messaging they develop should focus on solving our clients' problems in a genuine & engaging style.
The Director, Product Marketing will need to be the product evangelist & will play an integral role in organizing product launches. The role requires collaboration with the larger marketing team to develop compelling programs that standout in a competitive marketplace & help drive demand. This individual will also drive CyberSource thought leadership for their product area based on keen insight into buyers' needs & industry landscape. This role reports to the Senior Director of Product Marketing for CyberSource.
Office Locations you can work from: Foster City, Lehi or Austin
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Proven & experienced B2B Marker; knowledge & understanding of eCommerce preferred, payments industry/risk management experience would be a plus
- Ability to operate in a hyper-growth environment
- Agility to shift priorities & direction to align with rapidly changing market conditions
- Self-starter & proactive attitude with a strategic mind-set
- Deeply customer centric & passionate about understanding the needs of our clients
- Experienced in collaborating across functional areas
- Highly skilled in metric-based decision making
- 10+ years of progressive product marketing experience
- Creating content for CyberSource products & solutions including, but not limited to decks, videos, slicks, demos & blogs
- Adopting a bold & engaging storytelling approach to articulate product value propositions
- Knowing our buyers, who are they, how they buy & their key buying criteria
- Tracking competitor activities & having a good understanding of competitive products, value propositions & positioning
- Collaborating with product management, sales & marketing peers to develop product positioning & messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas
- Supporting our sales channels by developing internal tools & external collateral
- Developing a marketing plan for portfolio products, including key activities & budgets
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms