Deliverables: What you have to achieve
Oscar is currently operating in 9 states & will continue to grow. Everywhere we work, we must comply with state & federal requirements. Working at our New York office & reporting to the Senior Manager of Compliance, the Corporate Compliance Analyst will support the activities of Oscars Compliance Program by ensuring that our operations continue to meet applicable standards across all markets. Specifically, the Corporate Compliance Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Compliance Program related to tracking completion of trainings, policy & procedure development & approval, corrective action plan develop & management, & audit readiness. The position is open to those with limited Compliance experience but who nonetheless are highly organized & motivated, with a keen interest in healthcare & and eye for detail.
In your first six weeks, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with Oscars methods for tracking the completion of mandatory Compliance training
- Understand Oscars current workflow & database for policy & procedure management
- Learn to support the Senior Manager of Compliance in guiding Oscar through federal & state audits
By the end of month 3, you will:
- Develop a work plan to update existing training modules & to create new content
- Provide support with creating a policy & procedure working group & revised approval process
- Assess Oscars current corrective action plan workflow & work with the Senior Manager of Compliance & others to develop a more effective process
- Assist with making formal presentations on various aspects of Corporate Compliance to both internal & external stakeholders
- Assist in constituting, & then manage, Oscars staff-level Compliance Committee
Afterwards & on an ongoing basis, you will:
- Suggest & implement new ways to deliver Compliance trainings & resource materials
- Strengthen Oscars corrective action plan workflow & ongoing monitoring
- Be responsible for project managing responses to regulatory audits & exams
- Chart a path forward to personal growth as a Compliance professional in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
Winning factors: What leads to success
We are looking for someone with a passion for compliance who will promote a culture of compliance & ethics across all of Oscars operations.
Must-have qualifications & expertise include:
- College degree
- Thorough knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
- Highly organized & detail-oriented
Preferred qualifications include:
- 1-2 years work experience, ideally in a healthcare setting or other regulated industry
- Working knowledge of Jira, Confluence, & Workday
- Experience developing training modules or other employee-facing Compliance materials
- Familiarity with project management
We think you will be successful if
- You are persistent & are not easily discouraged
- You are interested in presenting information to a variety of audiences
- You enjoy writing, teaching, & generally communicating with others to solve problems
- You are comfortable speaking in front of groups
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment & working cross-functionally with all business areas within the organization
- You are personable, self-starting, & organized
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opportunity Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.