NS1 optimizes delivery of the worlds most critical internet & enterprise applications. Only NS1s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data & grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, & IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, & automated system. NS1s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency & application performance, reliability, & security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora & The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
NS1s Support team is the go-to resource for the most impactful properties on the internet as they leverage our powerful platform to solve complex application delivery challenges. In our search for a Director of Global Support, were looking for an individual who has experience leading a team that masters the art of efficient problem solving & leaves scores of satisfied customers in its wake.
As a candidate, you have a knack for refining processes & are driven to build something better in each scenario you step into. You have a strong belief in the potential of your team members & are committed to helping your team grow, develop, & challenge themselves in their careers. You are skilled at delivering constructive feedback & you enable continuous improvement as you coach & mentor each team member. You internalize & translate the needs of customers into your daily activities as you lead the team.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Establishing & implementing a global strategy for NS1s support organization
- Building relationships with peers in the Product & Engineering organization to expedite resolution of customer reported issues & feature requests. Ensure priorities, timelines & expectations are aligned across all teams.
- Overseeing & streamlining the incident management process. Put your team in position to deliver timely, informative updates to customers while an incident is ongoing & maintain ownership of postmortem communications to the broader customer base.
- Building out a global support organization capable of servicing the top enterprises on the internet; design career trajectories for support engineers within the organization
- Supporting NS1s CSMs in their engagements with our customers. Identify what success means for the customer & help drive toward a satisfactory resolution.
- Managing the team of support engineers & their on-call schedule. Help each team member build upon their existing skillset & guide the broader team toward reaching its performance objectives.
- Designing a suite of support ticket metrics & leveraging them effectively to evaluate team performance & identify trigger points for executing on additional hires.
- Implementing & iterating on support best practices. Closely monitor ticket response quality & initiate constructive feedback conversations with support engineers.
- 5+ years experience leading a global or regional technical support team
- Ability to effectively operate & excel in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proven leadership skills, with a demonstrated track record of partnering with leaders across an organization
- Ability to distil technical concepts down to actionable statements for management & customers
- Affinity for growing a team & mentoring individuals
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Experience administering Zendesk or similar support ticketing system
- Experience administering VictorOps or similar on-call rotation service
Working @ NS1
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary & stock options)
- medical, dental, & vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours & time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.