Warby Parker is searching for skilled & enthusiastic Apprentice Opticians to join our growing team of in-house optical all-stars & play an integral part in what were all abouthelping people see! In this role, youll become an expert in our brand & our glasses (take a peek at how theyre made). Whether youre helping longtime Warby Parker fans or first-time wearers, youll deliver extraordinary customer service to leave them excited & confident about our glasses. Along the way, youll partner with motivated, collaborative individuals who take their work (but not themselves) seriously. Youll also expand your current skill set with a slew of career-advancing resources & benefits. Our ideal candidate is a lifelong learner whos eager to help Warby Parker grow. Sound a lot like you? Wonderfulread on!
Alicia | Atlanta, GA
Here I can really focus on my customers' vision & satisfaction with their glasses, more so than at other retailers. The company goes above & beyond to ensure that all of the processes & operations are streamlined & efficient, so that I have as much time as possible in front of the customer.
What you'll do:
- Work directly with customers to help meet all of their eyewear needs
- Take & record measurements, adjust & fit eyewear, & execute these details with flawless accuracy
- Check that our finished eyewear meets our optical standards, as well as customer requirements & requests
- Use your expertise to explain prescription terminology & product offerings to customers
- Work with your team to make sure all customers receive exceptional service
- Help customers choose the best frames & lenses based on their prescription needs, face fit, personal style, & lifestyle
- Collaborate with your team to form best practices for sales & customer service that can be implemented throughout the organization
- Represent our brand to help educate others & get them excited about our values & mission
Who you are:
- An ABO certified optician or on the path to obtaining your ABOC!
- Passionate about the eyewear & retail industries
- A clear, effective, & professional communicatoryou can break down technical terms for customers to easily understand
- Dedicated to going above-and-beyond to make customers (and your teammates!) happy
- An energetic, positive team player whos able to adapt in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Extremely detail-oriented & capable of juggling a wide range of responsibilities
- Open-mindedyoure constantly learning & challenging what you know
- Someone who takes your work very seriously, but not yourself
- Not on the Office of Inspector Generals List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)