Have you ever wanted to intern inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want our intern to get a hands-on understanding of the different types of problems were solving & work on projects that excite them. Our hope is that this is the beginning of a mutually beneficial relationship: we invest time in teaching, training, & mentoring you while gaining from your creativity, enthusiasm, & new approaches to our technical challenges.
We want an intern who is passionate about helping developers build & deploy real world applications.
DigitalOceans PaaS organization enables customers to easily build highly scalable creative applications & services on our cloud platform. We serve a passionate developer community that has grown to love our intuitive simple design, easily configurable infrastructure, & intuitive tutorials helping craft & run their software in the cloud.
As an engineer on the DigitalOcean App Platform team, you will be responsible for continuing to build out App Platform. Youll be a member of a team building App Platform to enable developers to easily develop & deploy their app.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Adding support for multiple components for the Deploy to DO Button feature in App Platform. The goal of the Deploy to DO button is to make it easier for developers & any user to deploy any App Platform app with 1-Click. A developer would add a Deploy to DO button to their GitHub repository & then anyone could deploy their app to App Platform with 1-Click.
- Develop services in Go taking into account testing, CI/CD, logging, monitoring, & alerting.
- Completing a summer project during your 8-10 weeks, which will culminate in a final presentation during our annual Shark Week.
- Attend optional DO-sponsored events, from brown bag lunch talks (our Munch & Learns), social events (think team dinners, baseball games, sightseeing, & more) to our ongoing series of guest speakers, sponsored meetups, & other programming.
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience with Go, & Kubernetes.
- Experience with API development.
- Passion for shipping well-engineered & tested code.
- Strong analytical, communication, & organizational skills.
- A strong interest & obsession with building quality software focused on enabling developers to iterate on their ideas.
- Genuine interest in DigitalOcean as a company & excitement to use our products in your projects (if you havent already!)
Why Youll Like Being An Intern At DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to be an intern here, & we promise youll get even better.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, our intern program will be held remotely this summer.