We are looking for passionate, aspiring Software Engineers from non-traditional backgrounds to be apprentices in our AsanaUP program, a paid opportunity to gain the knowledge, tools, & skills that will allow you to thrive in the technology industry. At the end of the program, based on your progress, we will consider you for a full-time Engineering role.
This 6-month apprenticeship program provides a pathway to entry-level software engineering roles at Asana for individuals with non-traditional technical backgrounds (no 4 year computer science degree requirements!) Our program equips individuals with industry experience building, testing, & implementing software projects, with an emphasis on mentorship & feedback. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply! Asana is helping teams in 195 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be manifesting continuous improvements of their experience & helping us achieve our mission to enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.
What youll achieve
- Work on a variety of projects, such as building product features, testing infrastructure, implementing subtle interaction behaviors, or designing data models.
- Learn how the business operates & makes decisions as part of Asanas culture of transparency & distributed responsibility.
- Work closely with your mentor & the rest of your team, receiving feedback through coaching, code reviews, & one on one meetings.
- Help maintain both a codebase & a culture that are a joy to work in, where you & your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves.
- Youve attended a coding school or taught yourself to code (no 4 year computer science degree requirements!)
- Experience leading a large scale coding project(s), including work that you may have done during a bootcamp experience or on your own
- Excited to learn, whether from your peers & mentors, or from independent research
- Passion for creating a superlative user experience, down to those little details that matter
- Appreciate productivity & care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively & efficiently, including your own
- Desire to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
- Display kindness, maturity, & empathy for your end-users & colleagues
Were glad youre interested in helping Asana grow. If youd like to learn more about our team & what weve been working on, we recommend you check these out:
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations & millions of users rely on Asana, including AllBirds, Bobbi Brown, ClassPas, Grab, G2 Crowd, Sephora, Traveloka, & The Young Survival Coalition. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace & the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters & flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, & Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.