Away is seeking a Senior Copywriter to join our creative team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will be a conceptual copywriter capable of executing across a variety of mediums. With your Senior Art Director partner, you will be responsible for concepting & executing on film, social media, print, OOH, experiential ideas, etc, which will push the brand forward & position Away as a leader in the travel space. You will also be expected to partner closely with all areas of the business to ensure your creative ideas & insights are delivered on brief & on brand. This role will work from our headquarters in SoHo, NYC & reports in to our Creative Director.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Build out insightful creative ideas, which successfully stretch across multiple channels.
- Continually develop tonal guidelines for the brand.
- Work closely with full Creative team to synthesize briefs into strategic creative concepts & see projects through from start to finish.
- Concept & execute any/all materials for a brand campaign or product launch, including film, print, OOH, brand marketing, social media, web, e-commerce, retail, & more.
- Responsible for the balance of brand & business goalsensuring all copy lives up to Aways creative standards while still delivering on channel specific best-practices.
- Monitor industry trends to ensure were leading the way in innovation & performance.
- Partner closely with other disciplines within the Creative team (including Brand Design, Art, Production, & UX), as well as other key stakeholders throughout Away to ensure cross-functional integration & strategic implementation of the Away brand.
Who You Are:
- 5-7 years of experience in a creative agency setting, with a focus on copywriting.
- Your portfolio showcases a wide array of integrated experience with both above-the-line & below-the-line initiatives.
- Ability to effectively partner with various key stakeholders & manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to synthesize briefs, conceptualize, & execute.
- Meticulously organized, vigilant, & detail oriented.
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. As a global company, our benefits & perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees wellbeing both inside & outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs & grow your career along the way.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, & events, were building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent & impact our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, & organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIn's "Top Startups," & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!