Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 60 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. The products & services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
We are looking for a Sales Manager to join our Advertising Sales team. This position will be based out of our New York HQ & would report to the Managing Director of Advertising Sales. As a leader & integral member of the team, youll have a direct impact on the growth of Ad revenue by leading your team of Account Executives through the sale of ad inventory on our highest-trafficked sites; Stack Overflow. Super User, ServerFault, as well as over 20 other tech-related Q&A sites.
What youll do:
- The Advertising Sales Manager serves as a coach & mentor to the Account Executives under his/her leadership & acts as a sales champion developing & driving revenue growth for Stack Overflow advertising (media) sales.
- Responsible for leading their respective team in prospecting, pipeline development/management & closing sales, ultimately achieving or surpassing quarterly & annual sales targets.
- Manage their team via a data-driven approach with a keen ability to leverage available platforms & tools such as Salesforce, Google Ad Manager, Operative1, LinkedIn Navigator, Groove & more.
- Products sold include but are not limited to: display, mobile, Direct-to-Developers, PG deals (programmatic guaranteed), PMPs (private marketplace), e-newsletters, podcast, sponsored blog posts & various sponsorship opportunities..
- Serve as an expert on the state of technology specific advertising especially as it relates to reaching developers & other technology decision makers. Follow trends, emerging technology, competitive landscape, etc. & have the ability to simply articulate complex topics to the agency/advertiser community.
- Provide marketplace & customer feedback & requirements on emerging digital advertising trends to Product, Sales Planning, Production, Operations, Marketing, Account Planning.
- Collaborate & offer guidance around the execution of sold campaigns in coordination with media planning, customer success & ad operations teams.
What you should have:
- 5+ years of digital media/ad sales experience, preferably within the tech vertical
- 4+ years of sales management experience
- Proven track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets
- Strong communications skills & the ability to interact professionally with various groups & organizations.
- Must be able to develop a strong knowledge base of the marketplace we serve as well as our products, features & services & understand how our customers use them
- Willing to travel, based on client and/or market needs
- Must be able to organize, prioritize & handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to develop strong relationships internally with members of the sales team as well as with key clients.
- Bachelors degree in marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of education & work experience
What youll get in return: