Appian is seeking an experienced Federal Capture Manager to work alongside our Federal Civilian Sales team, & Appian's strategic integrator partners, to drive higher PWin on a select portfolio of strategic opportunities. This position will be responsible for developing all aspects of Appian's capture as the primary POC with both small business partners as well as Appians portfolio of Federal Apex partners on these efforts. The Capture Manager will be heavily relied on to bring industry best practices to guide Appian resources through the deal cycles.
- 5+ years directly related experience.
- Experience closing deals over $10M in annual revenue in the Unrestricted Federal Civilian IT Services space.
- Analytical skills relating to business development & capture management.
- Communication skills to support working relationships, customer interaction, & to make formal presentations to senior decision makers.
- Experience in analyzing & selecting teaming partners & negotiating sound teaming agreements.
- Established relationships with Federal Civilian government customers in leadership/ thought leadership roles, small & large players in federal IT services contracting, & appropriate government organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of US government procurement practices.
- Thorough knowledge of the entirety of Business Development/ program Capture lifecycle & a Shipley-type approach.
- Develop, improve & progress the capture plan for a defined set of strategic opportunities. Identify the Capture team & stakeholders in coordination with Business Development, Solutions, Sales and, Consulting & Operations leadership
- Ensure timely development of final win themes, win strategies, value propositions, & differentiators
- Ensure price to win (PTW) analysis is conducted & the PTW target is established
- Work with all areas of the company required to resource & support the technical & management solutions
- Share overall responsibility with Account Executive for winning the opportunity
- Support the Proposal Manager & Solutions team, as required, including developing the first draft of the requirements driven outline, contributing to proposal reviews & development, & providing overall guidance to the team
- Assess & continually update competitor capabilities, performs analysis of competitor strengths, weakness, opportunities, & threats (SWOT), & conducts team gap analysis
- Prepare NDA/TA requests & provides to Contracts for execution prior to any details discussions with outside companies or personnel
- Work with Business developer to establish the team, including subcontractors & completes teaming arrangements (the Contracts department is responsible for preparing TAs & for maintaining official contact with subcontractors & prime contractors & executing all TAs)
- Establish meaningful teaming selection criteria & justification
Prepare teaming Statements of Work (SOW) (Exhibit A) & works with Contracts to negotiate teaming arrangements
- Negotiate team share & work lanes
- Prepares teaming/consultant justifications & works with Contracts
- Schedule & facilitate team status meetings (capture meetings)
- Develop expectations for moving forward to include anticipated activity schedule, key milestones, & anticipated challenges
- Identify potential capture risks, as well as, develops avoidance & alternate risk mitigation strategies
- Lead the development of team capture strategies, win themes, executive summaries & discriminators. Prepares teaming gap analysis
- Conduct post-RFP reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned & identifies necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, & actions
- Coordinate proposal & RFI resourcing with Solutions, Operations, etc.