BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed.com is looking for a data-minded audience development strategist with demonstrated experience on developing & executing on short & long term content & growth strategies with excellent editorial judgment to work on our Trends team on the BuzzFeeds Audience Development team. This role will be responsible for surfacing BFDC insights & leveraging opportunities for traffic experiments as well as public-facing big red brand initiatives.
- Be an expert on the trends, culture, & social media platforms & use this knowledge to drive audience engagement & traffic for BuzzFeed.com
- Set the strategy for on site & app curation, ensuring curated units, feeds, filters & push notifications are representative of BFDC editorial voice
- Translate content trends (on site & on social) into actionable recommendations for BFDC content teams
- Compile & distribute internal reporting around editorial initiatives including but not limited to tentpoles, quizzes, evergreen & timely content
- Monitors social media/media landscape daily for trending & important stories & ideas to flag for BFDC teams
- Provide insights to support research/business teams as needed
- Routinely leads editorial meetings (brainstorms, post-mortems, planning, etc.)
- Actively use insights to pitch high performing content to partners: SmartNews, Apple News, Flipboard, Yahoo & business team
- Identify growth-focused cross-team initiatives to find new ways to increase traffic & grow audiences (particularly working in tandem with the social team)
- Regularly present data-based analyses & reports on internal & competitive content strategy
- Leverage deep understanding of data analytics tool (Looker, BuzzSumo, internal tooling) to report on BFDC audience composition & present recommendations on how to improve reach
- At least 3-4 years in an audience development or social publishing role in a digital space & at least 2 years managing a team
- Expert proficiency in data analytics tools, proprietary tools
- Masterful understanding of editorial voice, best practices, & content types
- Ability to independently convey direction to teams within & outside of content strategy & autonomously leading stakeholder & team meetings
- Ability to lead efforts to define, update & implement the team best practices
- Ability to give guidance on content & partnerships, as well as strategic business growth
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.