WE HELP ONLINE COMMUNITIES THRIVE
Spot.IMs mission is to create exceptional technology that empowers digital media publishers to develop meaningful & monetizable online communities for their readers within their Owned & Operated web space. Our enterprise software platform helps the worlds biggest online publishers form independent communities around their distinct content, quickly bolstering their overall engagement & social interactions. We connect millions of unique users a month across leading digital media publishers including Hearst, Sky Sports, Fox News, AOL, Uproxx, IFLScience, US Magazine, & many more. Spot.IM is VC-backed by Insight Ventures, one of the worlds most trusted & successful institutional investors, & we are focused on growing our standout global team & product stack.
Director, Strategy & Planning - What You'll Do:
- Partner with Spot.IMs President to identify opportunities to expand our business through strategic partnerships, acquisitions, & new market penetration opportunities for Spot.IMs technology platform
- Build strong relationships & manage communications between Spot.IMs senior management, board of directors, current investors, & prospective investors in multiple investment funds, joint ventures, & other investment vehicles
- Conduct competitive market research of the digital publishing & technology landscapes & provide data-driven & insightful recommendations & action plans to senior executives in order to help Spot.IM scale strategically in the market
- Own the preparation, distribution, negotiation, & discussion of investor presentations, disclosure documents, & related materials, including materials in support of investor due diligence investigations & periodic disclosure obligations
- Oversee & manage acquisition & acquihire initiatives for the company including the raising of additional rounds of funding & owning the due diligence phase of acquisition events
The Skills & Experience You Bring:
- Prior management consulting experience for a top consultancy firm within the technology and/or media spaces
- Excellent knowledge of the M&A processes, competitive landscape analysis, deal structuring, negotiations, & technology trends
- Experience building & presenting high-level shareholder reports & presentations directly to investors, board of directors, & senior executives, preferably with a high-growth organization
- Familiar with financial modeling techniques & valuation methods used by analysts & investors in the technology or media sectors, & a thorough understanding of key industry metrics used by primary stakeholders
- Detail-oriented, positive, & curious mindset with a passion for strategically scaling rapidly growing organizations
The Spot.IM Culture
We offer a dynamic & unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world class & high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, & creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change & strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role & projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, & make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
Spot.IM is committed to building diverse teams & upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Ready to save the digital publishing industry? Apply today.