Company Description|Job Description
When extreme data requires companies to act with unprecedented agility, Kinetica powers business in motion. Kinetica is the instant insight engine for the Extreme Data Economy. Across healthcare, energy, telecommunications, retail, & financial services, enterprises utilizing new technologies like connected devices, wearables, mobility, robotics, & more can leverage Kinetica for machine learning, deep learning, & advanced location-based analytics that are powering new services. Kinetica's accelerated parallel computing brings thousands of GPU cores to address the unpredictability & complexity that result from extreme data.
For more information & trial downloads, visit kinetica.com or follow us on LinkedIn & Twitter.
We are seeking customer-facing technical professional as a Senior Data Scientistto join our Professional Services team. The professional we seekloves designing user experiences for complex technical products, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, & share our drive to craft products that customers will enjoy.
Are you a solutions-oriented technical professional who is looking foran opportunity to make an impact? Do younaturally gothe extra mile to design brilliant experiences despite highly technical inner workings?Do you believe that success is both a personal & a team effort; & that winning technical products are the same? And that they are complex but well-integrated machines that used best available technologies packed into a cohesive product experience that functions at scale? Are you an engineer who can collaborate across the entire Kinetica team to drive a product to the finish line?
- Partner with customers & consult them in developing a solution for a new proof-of-concept withinthe logistics industry.
- Collaborate with a team of talented engineers to analyze, model, & ultimately provide the insight & results from big data & machine learning that will enable a solution.
- Keep attuned to customer use & actively work to improve product experience to meet usage, both current & future usage the customer may not even realize they need
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Math, Physics, or equivalent
- Excellent communication (presentation, conversation & writing) skills
- Enthusiasm for technology & product development
- Experience in Machine Learning & Data Science
- Understanding of the data science ecosystem -- commercial & open source
- Experience with Big Data sets
- Proficiency working in Linux environments
- Comfortable with Python & other languages
- Experience with at least one machine learning open source package (sklearn, TensorFlow, Caffe2, PyTorch, etc.)
- Willingness to travel
- 3 to 5 years of current experienceat a tech startup, technology/data science consultancy with data science tools & DevOps tools
- Strong customer-facing communications skills as demonstrated by personal projects, technical blog postings, volunteer activities, etc.
- Experience with geospatial data
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience working with highly complex technical ecosystems (resource managers, containers, automated testing -- e.g., Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience working in a highly automated environment to for correctness & consistency (automated builds, continuous integration, automated testing, containers -- e.g, Git, Jenkins)
- Experience working with computational systems (e.g., NumPy, Pandas, Spark, etc.)
- Location: Germany or UK (preferred)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.