As the Executive Assistant for our Chief Revenue Officer & VP of Finance, you will be responsible for supporting those executives as well their teams. This will include a balance of typical EA responsibilities -- managing schedules, making travel arrangements, screening correspondence, etc. -- in addition to higher-order work like handling highly sensitive information with diplomacy; representing the company at events as the trouble-shooter; & taking on special projects. You will be in a highly visible position across the 1stdibs organization, & likely to interact with our employee base, our sellers, our customers, the media, & members of the Board & executive team.
What youll do
- Flawlessly manage the executives calendars & travel to ensure maximum employee, customer & business impact
- Proactively manage calendars for the executives, ranging from large, internal cross-functional meetings to external events with key members of the design community.
- Arrange meetings, calls, events, & travel. Set & test everything out in advance to ensure a seamless experience.
- Facilitate the executives internal & external communications
- Screen, prioritize, & (when needed) respond to incoming correspondence with impeccable grammar & tone.
- Perform admin tasks such as completing expense forms, proofreading, prepping meeting materials.
- Maintain an intuitive online filing system that enables quick information retrieval.
- Accurately represent the executives point of view when discussing matters with internal employees.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism & confidentiality when handling sensitive corporate or personnel matters.
- Collaborate with their teams & fellow execs to make sure everyone is on the same page, & working towards the same goal(s).
- Manage internal & external relationships
- Represent the company with poise & professionalism when interacting with internal/external audiences.
- Be the point-person during internal & external company events, handling ad hoc issues as they arise.
- Handle calls with customers, vendors, etc., with diplomacy & patience.
- Exercise business judgement & discretion in all contexts with all audiences.
- Handle special projects & responsibilities, as needed, like taking notes during meetings, or covering other executives desks
What youll bring
- 0-3 years of executive administrative experience
- You're smart & dependable: you stay on top of multiple, perpetually-evolving projects with keen detail orientation, & never miss a deadline
- You exhibit a contagious calm under pressure & exude positivity
- A track record of success in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment
- A proactive approach: youre always ahead of the problem, & have a penchant for following up
- Executive-level written & verbal communication skills; youre poised when interfacing with execs/Board of Directors
- Advanced MS Office (particularly Excel & Powerpoint) & G Suite (Sheets & Slides) skills
Please include a cover letter addressed to our CRO & VP of Finance with your application. We'd love to hear why you want to work at 1stdibs & what interests you in this position.
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.