Refinery29 is the leading digital media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 550 million across all platforms. Our mission is to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power by providing optimistic & diverse creativity, storytelling, & points of view. We deliver style & substance to an audience that's highly engaged across a variety of devices & destinations, from the original video & editorial features, to live experiences & social storytelling. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.uk, & www.refinery29.de for more information & to browse content.
About the team:
The Branded Photo team creates branded content for Refinery29 in collaboration with outside Brand Partners. This team works to concept, produce & art direct photo assets that combine our brand partner's marketing objective & the Refinery29 mission & voice.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility & turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do:
Refinery29 is looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, proactive, & creative Senior Photo Editor to contribute to a fast-paced branded photo department. This position will work closely with the Photography Director & Creative Direction Team to lead image production & direction across verticals from fashion, beauty, fitness, luxury, etc. A keen interest, as well as experience in fashion editorial, is required. This person is equal parts a creative visionary & an expert producer.
- Concepting & presenting creative treatments to clients
- Assembling creative teams for photo shoots, photographers, hair, makeup, & stylists
- Coordinating shoot timelines & communicating with all including talent
- Art directing photo shoots on set & handling image selection in the post
- Tracking & reconciling budgets
- Managing, training & mentoring junior staff
- Bringing in new contributors to the industry
- Concepting photo ideas & packages for pre-sale
- Job duties may change as per business needs
What you have:
- 5+ years production experience in an editorial or advertising photo department (Preferably have worked on Branded Content or Art Buying previously.)
- Must have equal parts experience & enthusiasm in producing photo shoots as well creatively concepting art direction
- Significant on set experience (With clients preferably)
- Must be proficient in Photoshop & be able to do basic retouching, color correcting & layouts
- Excellent communication skills, extremely organized + collaborative
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize & thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a positive attitude & be a team player
- Must have a strong passion for photography & stay relevant to trends & social platforms
- Must have a network of industry relationships
- Must have management experience
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable with aligning multiple brand missions under one creative vision
- Must have a passion for advertising
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries & be a thought leader