Company Description|Job Description
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, & financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy & business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
- Review sales arrangements to validate bookings & ensure proper recognition of revenue
- Apply appropriate treatment of revenue recognition by identifying, documenting, & verifying areas of risk & recommending improvements under ASC 606 to improve effectiveness
- Understand revenue recognition differences between US GAAP & IFRS
- Support the adoption of ASC 606 & implementation of an advanced revenue recognition tool, RevPro
- Support thedevelopment & documentation ofaccounting conclusions & associated accounting policy; reevaluate key assumptions on an as needed basis
- Work to continuously improve accounting & reporting processes, improve system efficiencies & help streamline/automate procedures
- Build relationships & liaise across business groups including finance, sales, sales ops & legal
- Perform month/quarter/annual close activities which include flux analysis, calculating metrics, preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliation, preparing reports & resolving issues as needed
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations & supporting schedules related to revenue; support month end close
- Work with FP&A & M&A to provide support on special requests, developing new financial schedules & management reporting as needed
- Help with & implement processes for special projects as needed
- Support external audit readiness & requests as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related
- Experience at an enterprise software company with both product & service revenue; SaaS/subscription highly desirable.
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Technical & practical knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards ASC 605 & ASC 606 a plus
- Experience with RevPro revenue automation software or Netsuite ERP also a plus
- An ability to efficiently provide high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, detailed oriented & appreciation for accuracy
- Very strong attention to detail & a passion for digging into processes to better understand them & communicate the big picture
- Ability to communicate complex scenarios & topics in a clear & ingestible manner
- Ability to research & apply applicable accounting guidance
- Proven ability to identify inefficiencies, re-engineer processes, prepare an action plan, & execute
- Accountable & able to work independently to achieve deadlines
- Strong Excel skills required / Google Doc skills a plus
- Comfortable working across global time zones
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart & soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride & passion & embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours & vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries & snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision benefits
- Life, short & long-term disability insurance
- Wellness & volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings & much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.