Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Our mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, & other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, & action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, & Steward Health Care use the Yext Knowledge Engine to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, & increase sales.
Yext is seeking a top tier candidate for a Manager, Revenue Accounting position to join its growing & dynamic accounting team within a fast-paced organization. Reporting to the Director, Revenue Accounting, this role will work closely with members of the Revenue, Finance Systems, Operations, Legal & FP&A teams. The ideal candidate will have strong revenue recognition expertise, a solid working knowledge of US GAAP, data analysis & process/systems expertise. The candidate will also have a proven track record of successful cross-functional communication & collaboration to continuously improve processes. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to make a positive impact with a growing company & to work collaboratively with senior leaders at Yext. The successful candidate will be someone who is excited to go beyond the traditional accounting responsibilities of close & work in a team to help grow & scale the company.
- Manage the day to day activities of the revenue accounting team focusing on automations, process improvement & analyzing the business results to support the companys scale & growth
- Manage the month-end close process for revenue, accounts receivable, allowances & deferred revenue to ensure an accurate & timely revenue close & ensure compliance with the company's revenue recognition policies under ASC 606
- Work closely with Revenue Operations to engage in active deal negotiations & perform accounting assessment to ensure alignment on process, controls & proper revenue recognition
- Initiate reviews & analysis to provide business insights & respond to inquiries from senior management
- Manage external auditors for annual audit & quarterly review requirements for revenue, accounts receivable, allowances & deferred revenue
- Review financial statement footnotes & disclosures related to revenue, accounts receivable, deferred revenue & allowances
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support company-wide initiatives, such as new product launches to ensure compliance of revenue recognition policies
- Participate on strategic company projects/initiatives & apply critical thinking skills to provide solutions that drive company performance
- Coach, mentor & develop a high performing team to support their growth/professional development
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field or a similar college level education
- 7+ years of accounting experience (preferably with 3+ years of industry experience)
- Experience with revenue automation tools (RevPro, Rev Stream, Workday Revenue Management, or other Revenue automation system)
- Knowledge of Accounting Standard ASC 606
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization & manage relationships with external parties
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to manage competing priorities & deadlines & strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with different business units, develop an understanding of business processes & understand/discuss implications on the financial statements
- Interest in building & refining processes & contributing to a scaling business operation
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions & effectively present information to managers, peers & customers
- Detail & result-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced & constantly evolving environment
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize & be flexible as priorities shift
- High degree of dedication to continuous improvement & strong sense of ownership
- Experience with SEC registered companies with over $1 billion of revenue
- Experience with Netsuite, Zuora & Salesforce or equivalent systems
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, & excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well & offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, & collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune & Great Place to Work as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo & the Washington, D.C. Area. For more information, visit yext.com.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.