Our team supports two of the most exciting initiatives at Walmart today: InHome & Membership
- Walmart InHome delivers fresh groceries from your local store directly to your kitchen or garage fridge. Launched to over 1 million customers in Kansas City, Pittsburgh & Vero Beach this Fall.
- The Walmart membership offering is an evolving initiative to meet customer needs through home delivery & everyday services. The customer-focused strategy will be crafted to meet needs & drive loyalty throughout Walmarts omnichannel offerings.
We are a scrappy & entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. We're building cutting edge technology from our lab in Greenpoint, NY & our journey has just begun.
Were looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, collaborative, & passionate to join our amazing team.
What you'll do
The InHome & Membership team consists of platform engineers, application engineers, data scientists & product managers all working together to design, prototype, & build technology-driven products & experiences that will change the future landscape of ecommerce. You will be expected to:
- Manage software development engineers; mentor them through their career growth.
- Lead end-to-end Engineering projects, be responsible for the outcomes of the project, how its delivered, & the quality of delivery.
- Improve, optimize, & identify opportunities for improved software development life cycle.
- Engage & drive technical architecture, design & discussions.
- Drive our technical roadmap & direction of our stack.
- Ensure the happiness & productivity of the team members.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, Product, UX & Technical Support teams.
- Contribution towards the InHome & Membership roadmaps.
- Build teams by attracting & retaining top talent.
- Cultivating a healthy & supportive team culture.
- Ensure the long-term success of the team by performing 1:1s, participating in compensation discussions & performance reviews.
- Promoting a culture based on high engineering standards.
- You are a highly technical hands-on & an effective people leader.
- Strong experience in driving & retaining a high-performance team.
- 5+ years building highly scalable, high performance, distributed systems.
- Experience using public cloud as a production target
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & agile development environment.
- Strong customer focus & obsession with quality.
- Experience with engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, & code reviews.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Competitive salary & equity
- Health, dental, & vision Insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- A large, open workspace in NYCs Greenpoint neighborhood
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit & snacks