When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world & we do this in real time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And were just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - its clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Job Title: Restaurant Growth Manager, APAC
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 5 March 2019
The role of the Regional Growth Manager, APAC is to work with our local Account Management teams by equipping them with the right strategies, playbooks & skills. This role will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of the intricacies of each market, including the competitive challenges, what is important to our restaurants, & therefore what it will take to win. The role will require very close collaboration with our local markets, as well as coordination among central HQ teams.
- Understand what it will take to win in each market & use this to work with markets to build strategies & quarterly plans
- Collaborate with Directors of Commercial to design & build organisational structures, process & incentives to ensure were executing effectively
- Deploy new tools & ways of working to take our thinking & execution to the next level
- Continually monitor health of the portfolio as well as Deliveroo commercial performance, help problem solve solutions, & share practices across markets where required
- Be the key point of contact centrally, helping local markets understand the latest tools & information available to them, as well as supporting them in getting their needs prioritised
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders internally as well as externally
- Strong problem solving ability; the candidate needs to be adept with data & be able to use this to identify & prioritise key opportunities
- Strong evidence that can build approaches, processes & tools to deliver impact
- Professional experience in retail buying/planning, sales, management consulting or related experience
- Must have experience within a global e-commerce environment
- The successful candidate must have an MBA
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a Managing Director position within the APAC market.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, were always looking for new ideas & were very transparent about the decisions we make & why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer & plenty more we havent even encountered. How do data & technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - & there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth & personal impact is enormous.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners & because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed & able to share in the companys success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.