Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about helping developers build & deploy real world applications.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial product manager to work across our Platform-as-a-Service portfolio. You will lead the charge in defining, validating, delivering, & iterating on product requirements that help our customers build their applications & businesses in the cloud. Reporting to the Manager PM for Applications this Sr. Product Manager will work externally with our customers & partners, as well as internally with a cross-functional team including Product Design, Product Engineering, Marketing, Business Development & other Product Managers.
DigitalOcean is loved by developers for its simplicity. Obsession for customer service, engagement with the community, & love for developers are core tenets of our culture & business strategy. You will be empowered with direct access to customers, design team research, cross-functional support, & the ability to work as a member of an agile team to deliver a better experience for all of our customers..
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative & comfortable work environment, & the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced & growing technology company.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Develop the product strategy & vision & translate it into creative, high quality, simple features.
- Define performance criteria across the suite of products & features.
- Work with internal & external stakeholders to gather requirements & create user stories.
- Develop business cases & model unit economics for new products & features.
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics & user stories, & prioritizing & grooming the product backlog.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently & learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Enable the sales team with product training & collateral.
- Create & drive a community engagement plan.
What Youll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Ability to collaborate & lead a matrixed cross-functional Product Development team
- Hands-on, proven experience & domain knowledge in the cloud computing space, preferably building & delivering Kubernetes products & services.
- Ability to analyze data & articulate user hypotheses in terms of objective measures, & project KPI impact of new features
- An understanding of the challenges that developers face when selecting an infrastructure platform, & a vision for how great products can help
- Technical knowledge to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product & advocate for a customer base made up of professional developers
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills to drive productive meetings, create effective & useful product documents
- Hands-on working knowledge of technologies such as Kubernetes, Containers, & distributed systems are a plus
- MBA a plus
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC & Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Product #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Product team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!