Pluralsight proudly creates the creators of tomorrow: the people who develop the technology that lifts the human condition. We do this through the tech industry's leading learning platform for serious Developer, IT, & Creative professionals. Our team of 700+ innovators & disruptors are serving over 1M users in 150+ countries to conquer the tech skills gap.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
As a Data Engineer at Pluralsight, you will partner with Product Experience teams to create tools, pipelines, & systems to empower our Data Scientists & Machine Learning Engineers. You will keep Pluralsight's finger on the pulse of the Data Engineering community by continually researching, testing, & developing solutions to better enable our PXTs & Data partners through automation & self-service. You will be the subject matter expert on how & when to utilize which tools, as well as an influential partner in delivering incredible end user experiences.
Pluralsight is a leader in the tech education space, & as such, our engineers are a driving force in developing & promoting industry best practices while continually synthesizing new ideas. You will help set the bar for Data Engineering teams across the industry while building a product that creates the innovators of tomorrow through technical education.
Who you are:
- You are an experienced Data Engineering professional that enjoys being in the middle of the development lifecycle
- You love exploring new technologies & keeping your own technical skills sharp while exhibiting responsibility & caution
- You have a passion for innovation, learning, & excellence
- You elevate the technical abilities of those around you
- You are an amazing communicator & effective influencer within the teams you are on
- You have a track record of being analytical, methodical, & quality driven
What you'll do:
- Work with Data Scientists & Machine Learning Engineers to prepare streaming data for production use in the Pluralsight product.
- Develop a flexible infrastructure to promote Developer self-service, while promoting continuity across our overall environment.
- Maintaining a pulse on emerging technologies & discovering hidden opportunities in our environment
- Use technical expertise & experience to evaluate industry technologies & assess practice relevance
- Collaborate with Software Engineers to research & address technical needs; to roadmap & develop new solutions
- Maintain & improve standards of excellence in data engineering
- Championing of continual improvement in the areas of reliability & performance
- Ensure all infrastructure is configuration managed
- Development Support
- Collaborate with the Cloud Engineering & DevOps teams, as well as Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, & Software Engineers
Experience you'll need:
- Deep experience in stream processing, examples Spark, Flink, Kafka Streams, Kinesis Analytics
- Proficient in Scala, Java, and/or Python as well as SQL, & KSQL, Kafka
- A successful candidate will be well experienced in key areas such as AWS, & Terraform (or similar) with deep familiarity with Lambda, S3, RDS, Aurora, & Athena
- Knowledge of containerization & container
- Experience with Kubernetes & containerization to be able to support existing teams
- Ability to quickly analyze & comprehend new or unfamiliar technologies or ideas
- Experience in automation & the development of automation tools
- Ability to understand & work with distributed data systems
- Track record of interpreting requirements from Data Scientists & Machine Learning Engineers
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer.
Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.