Zola, one of New Yorks fastest growing startups, is seeking a talented, creative, & passionate Mobile Engineer II, Android to join our Mobile Team. Zola is growing rapidly & is constantly pushing the boundaries in technology. We value hard work, an orientation for speed & a passion for developing best-in-class user experiences.
You will work closely with teams across Zola, including product management, design, merchandising, business, marketing, & of course, technology. We are open to including new technologies where & when they make sense & always strive to push the limits of the e-commerce & wedding planning user experience.
- Collaborate with tech & product to implement & build a new kind of mobile experience
- Design & develop efficient reusable components
- Identify & remedy performance bottlenecks
- Identify & communicate best practices for Android development
- Understand tradeoffs between design & performance
- At least 2 years of experience creating native Android applications
- Expertise with Kotlin, Coroutines, the Android SDK, & common open-source libraries used in native application development (Retrofit, RxJava, GSON, Dagger 2, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Android design patterns, memory management, file I/O, concurrency, & multithreading
- Have published one or more applications in an Android marketplace
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. We've raised over $140 million in financing, & were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.