CoinDesk is the most influential, trusted media platform for a growing global community engaged in the transformation of the financial system & the emerging crypto economy. Founded in May 2013, The CoinDesk platform provides millions of consumers interested in cryptocurrency assets & blockchain technology with news & insights, podcasts, live streaming TV shows, research reports, live events, & a toolkit of indexes, data & analytics. CoinDesk hosts the annual Consensus summit event each May, the largest & most important forward-thinking U.S. gathering of stakeholders in the global crypto & blockchain ecosystem & the anchor event for Blockchain Week NYC. CoinDesk created the original price reference rate known as the Bitcoin Price Index in 2013 which is widely sourced in the media including The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, CNBC, & many others. CoinDesk employs the largest group of world-class, independent journalists dedicated to covering the crypto & blockchain ecosystem. CoinDesk is uniquely positioned to change the digital media business model. Leveraging user-centric, blockchain-enabled incentives & attention measurement tools, we can harness the power to strengthen publisher & audience engagement, enhance privacy, & deliver comprehensive, monetizable data to advertisers & other stakeholders.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. We are all excited to continue on this journey & take pride in the opportunity we have to make a long lasting impact. We'd love for you to join us if you're willing to take on new challenges & immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, forward thinking & also, fun humans.
Based in New York City, CoinDesk has over 80 full-time employees around the world & is a wholly owned subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, one of the largest private investors in the industry & a provider of trading & other investment services for that industry.
We are seeking a Manager of PR & Communications who will be responsible for taking the great work our Editors, journalists, podcasters & researchers produce & amplify it in the press, making it clear that CoinDesk is a resource to mainstream media looking to understand this rapidly evolving crypto world. This candidate will also be responsible for managing all communications related to current & future products & company announcements.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, collaborative, independent & ready to roll up their sleeves as CoinDesk continues to scale.
- Promote CoinDesks diverse group of talented reporters & content creators; amplify the content to mainstream media outlets (print, online & broadcast)
- Develop press strategy & deepen relationships with key press contacts & reporters that cover 1) financial markets 2) technology & 3) the Media industry
- Identify & execute on all external communications that amplify the company's vision, mission & progress
- Develop & manage reports & analytics to measure successes against organizational objectives
- Liaise with key leaders across CoinDesk, particularly the editorial, research, multimedia, & events teams
- Assist marketing team with promotion of events, webinars, podcasts, & other content
- Develop internal communications strategy with HR team & other relevant leaders
- Draft, edit, & disseminate press releases
- Coordinate speaking engagements (keynotes, moderating, etc.) for CoinDesk team
- 4-7 years of professional communications experience at a media, content or high-growth tech company
- Proven ability to execute in a timely manner & manage multiple priorities
- Prior experience drafting & disseminating press releases
- Proven ability to get coverage in digital, print, audio & television
- Strong interpersonal skills this role will work with multiple business units
- Experience with digital currencies, blockchain financial services and/or fintech is preferred
- Located in NYC
What CoinDesk offers:
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary & bonus offerings
- Robust Medical, vision, & dental insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
- We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, & our new hires!