Expedient, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, helps companies transform their IT operations by delivering cloud & data center infrastructure solutions, with value-add managed services, including disaster recovery, security & compliance, & more. Expedient operates 11, self-managed data centers in 7 states & currently has over 300 full-time employees. Expedient also partners with several 3rd party administered data centers providers, in the US & internationally, in order to make Expedients award winning, enterprise cloud infrastructure available worldwide. Security & Operational Controls for Expedients data centers & cloud platforms are audited, & third party attested, in order to complement its Clients regulatory & trade mandates; including but not limited to, the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) & more.
Expedient has enjoyed rapid growth & is recognized as one the of leading providers of enterprise cloud services in the industry. Expedient recently announced a western U.S. expansion, with establishment of 2 new Point of Distribution (PODs) for its Enterprise Cloud platform & is in the process of opening a new office in Phoenix, AZ & coincidentally, secured a new investment sponsor, global infrastructure fund AMP Capital, to help accelerate the growth & expansion of its highly valued data center & enterprise cloud platforms. Expedient now seeks to hire in-house Corporate General Counsel in order to provide more intimate, expeditious & efficient legal advice to support its rapid growth objectives, while mitigating risk to the business & investors. This full-time position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate highly competent, general representation across a wide range of legal disciplines, with preferred experience & expertise in vendor-client contracts, regulation & software licensing, more specifically:
- High Value, Long Term (3-10 years) Service Provider End User Contracts
- Software Licensure, Partner & Resale Agreements
- Data Security & Privacy Law
- Industry & Regulatory Data Protection Compliance Initiatives including HIPAA, PCI/DSS, SOC Standards, FISMA, GDPR, etc.
- Real Estate Leases
- Sales & Property Tax
- General Understanding of major Employment Law matters
- Provide day to day advice, counseling, & legal support to management by delivering legal advice on a variety of issues including; contracts, disputes, business expansion, strategic transactions, regulatory & compliance issues, employment issues & other legal matters
- Negotiate, write & execute agreements & contracts on behalf of the company
- Provide legal support & counsel on end-user contracts, negotiation & redlining of contracts with clients, suppliers, & business partners, including management of contract authorization process
- Advise management on contract status, legal risks, & the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Assist with compliance functions & with related internal investigations & ensuring compliance with data privacy laws
- Work alongside all functional departments within the company & provide a strong voice for legal compliance & risk mitigation on all key initiatives
- Assist in management of litigation matters
- Support of corporate records management program
- Assist in preparation, review & management of accurate & timely filing of periodic reports
- Assist with corporate governance matters
- Research & anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the company
- Review advertising & marketing materials to ensure they follow legal requirements
- Prioritize & oversee company training on legal topics
- JD degree from a recognized university & law license in Pennsylvania
- 8+ years of experience gained in a large law firm and/or in-house with a major firm
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary for effective development & maintenance of internal & external client relationships
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate complex legal/regulatory issues into understandable & executable advice
- Ability to make difficult decisions quickly & work independently in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple assignments & prioritize
- Strategic thinking, plus a solutions-oriented approach
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Strong legal & business risk identification, assessment & mitigation skills
- Comfortable in areas where regulation/law is evolving or uncertain
- Responsive & ready, willing & able to assist with new challenges
- Strong presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiating skills with legal, financial & commercial issues
- Self-motivated & enthusiastic
- High personal integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Pass all pre-employment requirements, including a background check & drug screen
Expedient offers the following benefits: Paid personal time off; 9 paid holidays plus your birthday; paternity leave, affordable healthcare & life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; 401(k) retirement plan with a company match; short-term paid medical leave; long-term disability & workers compensation insurance; paid training & tuition reimbursement; relaxed dress code.
If you are interested in this job opportunity: Please submit a cover letter & your resume. Expedient accepts only direct applicants. Work sponsorship is not provided for this position.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, promoting a safe & drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, color, disability, genetic information, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by any applicable state or local law.