Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about helping our customers scale.
We are looking for creative problem-solvers who are eager to help our business customers scale. Reporting to the Manager of Customer Success, a Customer Success Engineer will engage with our largest customers every day, solving their problems & ensuring that they are able to grow on top of DigitalOcean. As the voice of the customer you have the opportunity to influence product decisions while helping to build the next great cloud company!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Respond to technical & product questions generated by our customers through tickets, emails, or phone calls
- Troubleshoot application & product issues
- Quickly learn DigitalOcean systems & adapt to rapid changes
- Work both collaboratively & independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Identify & communicate process improvement suggestions
- Incident management & escalations
- Help combat fraud & abuse on the platform
- Collaborate with other teams & departments to improve the customer's experience
- Help architect HA solutions for fast-growing & new customers
What We'll Expect From You:
- Strong background with cloud technology & Linux systems
- Passionate about technology & customer support
- Strong identity with our brand & team culture
- Strong analytical skills & pattern recognition
- Prior experience in similar environments in Customer Success, Solutions Architecture type roles.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to explain technical concepts in clear & concise terms
- A desire to get the best out of everyone on their team with the ability to balance the demands of multiple constituencies, defining priorities & setting appropriate expectations.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Success
Want to learn more about our Customer Success team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!