AccuWeather, recognized & documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts & warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries & tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, & other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives & get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com & mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, & the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces & distributes news, weather content, & video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeathers many innovative & award-winning features free to the public areMinuteCast Minute by Minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies & thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather For Business (AFB) is in search of a Content Marketing Manager to join our team. This position will work closely with the Director of Demand Generation to build, develop, & execute AFBs content marketing strategy. In this position, youll be responsible for maintaining a content calendar focused on education, thought leadership, brand awareness, & new business acquisition for the company. Were looking for a proactive B2B content creator that loves sharing stories in unique & engaging ways while leveraging product information, topical weather events & imagery. This position requires a strategic thinker who is a relentless team collaborator & has strong, versatile writing abilities. Interest in, & experience with, writing about topics surrounding weather & its impact on business is helpful.
- Leverage authentic storytelling for the purpose of educating prospects, raising brand awareness, building thought leadership, & ultimately attracting target audiences
- Collaborate with operational teams across disciplines to craft engaging & educational B2B content, including blog posts, client materials, proofs of performance & sales collateral
- Refine & refresh content archive, enhancing SEO & identifying ways to repurpose & utilize our most valuable written assets
- Assist with SEO optimization & manage written content for the company website, landing pages, & social media assets
- Work closely with AccuWeathers Social Media Director & PR team to ensure maximum exposure for AccuWeather for Business products and services
- Contribute to overall marketing & business development strategy on a daily basis
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Excellent organizational, written/verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders to implement strategy & develop meaningful content
- General understanding of product development & the ability to write about technical & business topics related to B2B weather products & services
- Values visual & written storytelling & has experience with successfully merging the two
- Experience interviewing clients & creatively telling their stories
- Ability to identify new avenues for organic growth
- A self-starter who is a creative problem solver & highly attentive to detail
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, creative writing, meteorology, risk mitigation or related field
- 3+ years content creation experience in a technical or scientific environment
- Must be a strong writer with a passion for storytelling
- Ability to communicate clearly & concisely in both written & oral presentation
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, & driven to exceed goals
- Team player with a positive attitude who thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Google Docs
- Bonus: Familiarity with HubSpot, Asana, Zoom webinars
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants & existing employees & we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy & gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law posterhereand its supplementhere. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail email@example.com let us know the nature of your request & your contact information.