Lead a team. Develop Strategies. Drive Growth.
CB Insights is looking for a skilled VP to help lead & develop our growing strategic accounts team.
The role you'll play:
First, some data on the growth of CB Insights.
- 2015 - 66 teammates
- 2016 - 104 teammates
- 2017 - 168 teammates
- 2018 - 209 teammates
- 2019 - 292
- Today - 350+ & growing
Over that same period, our revenue has grown 800%. Underpinning this growth is the CB Insights Technology Intelligence platform, the vast market we have to capitalize on, & a great team with top talent across all levels. Additionally during the past 6 months while others have floundered, we have thrived - adding new datasets to our platform & also two company acquisitions.
That is the great news.
Now, what we need is for someone with expertise that will take us to the next level. And to do this, we are hiring for a VP of Strategic Accounts.
The VP of Strategic Accounts is responsible for the overall success of our largest customers & should have extensive experience selling into & managing relationships of large enterprise organizations (over 10,000 employees). This person is specifically responsible for managing a team of Strategic Account Managers (SAMs) & Strategic Account Executives (SAEs) with a core focus of expanding our presence within Fortune 500 clients, improving our ability to structure & close large enterprise deals & driving net growth within our strategic portfolio. They are responsible for the ongoing development of the CB Insights strategic program. The position will require customer travel once appropriate. This role will report directly into the SVP of Business Development.
About the Business Development team:
Our team of 80+ is a best-in-class sales team attacking a very large B2B market. Working on the BD team at CB Insights gives you the opportunity to work with a group of individuals that are the embodiment of collaboration, perseverance, & success. This group works together to hit very lofty new revenue targets, while also being able to take time to cultivate stronger relationships with prospective clients.
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
Your Main responsibilities:
- Lead team of Strategic Account Managers & Strategic Account Executives with corresponding account plans to achieve high gross retention & net growth of the customer segment.
- Ideate & develop best practices in account retention & expansion of the customer segment.
- Leverage your enterprise selling experience to drive revenue growth.
- Develop the teams ability to tackle difficult contractual negotiations.
- Recruit & hire new talent for the team.
- Partner with other teams (Product, RevOps, Marketing, etc) to create new pricing & packaging models.
- Represent the strategic accounts portfolio to the CB Insights leadership team.
What you bring to the table:
- Ten (10) years experience in growth-based account management. This experience must include maintaining relationships with accounts generating over one million dollars in revenue.
- 5+ years managing a team of 10+ high performers within a SaaS environment.
- 5+ years of experience structuring, selling & negotiating $1m+ enterprise deals
- A program building mentality with a clear vision of how a high performing strategic account program operates
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent written, verbal, & presentation skills.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes folks who have high standards, humility, hunger, helpfulness & who work hard. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!