Sales Account Executive
ABOUT HIVE LEARNING
Hive Learning is on a mission to disrupt corporate learning; a pursuit that is more relevant now than ever before, as face-to-face training is mostly impossible but most traditional online systems are grey, boring... & frankly terrible if you ask us! Our magic? Peer learning. All the stuff that makes social media addictive & more - we are all about creating behavior change by getting communities to drive daily habits together. We are making learning exciting & modern. We help workforces all over the world build cultures of learning, inclusion, collaboration & innovation. Our apps, content & activation teams help millions of people learn together every day.
We are proud to work with the likes of Pepsico, Jaguar Landrover, Deloitte, Barclays, Boots, two of the worlds top business schools & multiple world-leading sports organisations & not-for-profits like Shout & Place2Be.
Were backed by Europes leading venture builder, Blenheim Chalcot, & founded by legendary Rugby World-Cup-winning coach Sir Clive Woodward. And were a team of 50 people (all working remotely right now!) spread across London, New York & many places in between.
And now, thanks to new client growth, were looking for people who share our passion to help us find new partnerships on the horizon to continue to grow our US business.
At Hive Learning, our products are striving to create a more equitable world. And for that reason, we take diversity & inclusion seriously in our hiring processes too. We are committed to building a team that represents a whole host of backgrounds, perspectives & skills & were proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds & identities to apply. If this job speaks to you but you're not sure you have the "right" experience, we'd encourage you to apply anyway & tell us why you'd be great here in your cover letter.
This position joins our fast growing US arm of the business within the Sales team. We need someone who has spent some time already in a sales role, preferably in the world of B2B & SAAS sales, & is looking to combine these skills with a product that is at the forefront of innovation. That said, were open to hearing from you if you have taken a different path, for this role we need you to be comfortable acting speaking with senior stakeholders (e.g. Director level HR professionals) & able to convince them why we can help them.
We are highly consultative in our sales process to ensure that we first understand exactly what our client-to-be is looking for & what outcomes they need. Therefore you need to be comfortable in talking through these kinds of goals, figuring out where our technology, content & services can support them, & ultimately designing a proposal & outcome that works for them.
It's a challenging role, because youre at the forefront of the company, representing us in the best way, & lets be honest can sometimes involve rejection. But we are big believers in radical candour & embrace a growth mindset - so we learn fast & it shows. Its also a role that has huge opportunity - here at Hive Learning we are offering a new way of fixing a challenge that hasnt seen any major innovation for years - so your conversations will be exciting!
- You will begin to own a portfolio of our pipeline taking new prospects from an initial call all the way to signing off on a new partnership.
- New opportunities will come to you from our outstanding Sales Development team often ready to talk about how we can help support them or looking to find out more about our technology.
- You will be leading these initial calls, using qualification criteria, to ensure that they are the right kind of prospect. We value disqualification as much as qualification.
- You will then run a consultative journey for the client helping to design the outcome for them & how our technology can help them.
- You will be forming strong relationships with these clients, including their team around them & multiple stakeholders internally. You will map these relationships & ensure you dont miss out important members of their team who might hold the key to us working together.
- You will forecast ahead & be able to see where new opportunities are going & have good judgement around their outcome & timing.
- You will be building proposals that look beautiful & are useful tools for our clients to win over stakeholders internally.
- You will be navigating sometimes complex worlds including IT, Security & Data to ensure we map our experts to their needs.
- You will become an mini expert in the worlds of complex behavior change challenges like Diversity & Inclusion, Wellbeing, Leadership & Sustainability.
- You will report into the GM of the US business on a regular basis ensuring we know what is going on in your pipeline, any key challenges youre facing & where you can support others in our team
- You will feedback your learning from conversations with clients to our SDR & wider business so we know the current needs of our customers
- You will be a key part of the US growth, a team which didnt exist 2 years ago, but is now the fastest growing in the company
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
- Degree level education or equivalent life experience
- You'll be working with clients a lot, so ideally you'll get energy from working with people. You're comfortable communicating & building very senior relationships
- You love the thrill of finding a new partnership & helping people fix challenges
- You are autonomous, have a growth mindset & youre always looking to learn; youll enjoy seeking out your own ways to become an expert in corporate culture change
- You will enjoy challenging your customers thinking & teaching them new things about technology & culture change
- You excel in a high-growth environment, working at startup pace, embracing change & adjusting course regularly
- Youre a strategic & analytical thinker who has a proactive approach to solving problems
- You have a sharp attention to detail & are highly organized.
- A bonus would be that you have experience working in sales with corporate HR, Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion functions.
- The opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking, energetic team with a passion for learning & making a difference
- The opportunity to be part of a start-up to scale-up, disrupting a major market - be part of building a unique product that is becoming a house-hold name in corporate tech
- Opportunities to learn, grow & try something new in a teamwork-focused & encouraging environment designed to help you be your best self
- Continuous opportunities to learn; take part in frequent development events & expert sessions hosted at Blenheim Chalcot, plus connect & be mentored by some of the incredible people that work here in the 30+ other start-ups we are sister companies with
- Fun activities, nights out (or virtual ones for now), office fruit, beverage fridge stocked with everything from beer & fizz to coconut water & San Pellegrino (still all on ice at the office!)
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave + a bonus day off on your birthday & major US public holidays
- Private health care
- 401k scheme
- Brand new office near Chelsea, NY in an open shared space with lots of other startups
- At Hive Learning we embrace diversity & equal opportunity, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- NOTE: For now we are being super careful when it comes to Covid & we dont want to place anyone in a position where they dont feel comfortable. Our team is currently fully remote & we are waiting for New York & other states to open up before coming back to the office. Wed love this to be soon - but we wont rush. This role is open to anyone based in the US with authorization to work.