People who work for themselves fuel our economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce & create 80% of new jobs. Oftentimes the odds are stacked against them with 50% failing in the first 5 years. Intuits Small Business & Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) is devoted to creating solutions to meet the needs & improve the chances of success for these entrepreneurs with a portfolio of solutions from Mailchimp & QuickBooks.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking a Director of Early Life to join our growing Lifecycle Marketing & Operations team. This is a new role, responsible for developing deep knowledge of newly activated customers in their first 90 days with Mailchimp. You will design & create E2E journeys that are easy, relevant, & customizable & guide new customers across our products & plans in accordance with their preferences & intent. You will partner closely with Sales & Product & use a combination of models, data insights & customer signals to provide the right messages, instructions & reassurance needed for any combination of customer moments in any channel.
What youll do here:
- Build your team & foster a growth mindset with a focus on craft skills & data acumen to become fully fledged data natives. Dedicate time to coaching & development & elevate the value created by each individual.
- Establishes strategic goals & direction for team & develop the strategy for new Mailchimp activations in their first 90 days for US & priority markets
- Start with the data & uncover the right insights to identify audiences & define key milestones to accelerate paid use.
- Work cross-functionally to create wow omni-channel, real-time personalized experiences using customer behavior.
- Collaborate with PMM to ensure right value prop, market context & product features forpriority markets.
- Partner with Sales & Customer teams to create connected customer journeys & offer high touch onboarding experiences.
- Optimize & improve use of existing owned touchpoints & pilot new channels to increase the number of customers upgrading from free to paid plans.
- Identify the key performance metrics or indicators to measure success, both leading & lagging indicators.
- Cultivate a test & learn culture & implement measurement frameworks to track business outcomes focusing on incremental lifts in revenue & customer actions.
- Develop campaign backlog & execute a rigorous A/B testing agenda toenhance campaign effectiveness.
- Work with Analytics & Data Science to create intent/value models to better tailor communications & further narrow focus.
- Partner with Marketing Operations to plan & manage the end to end process of multi-channel campaigns using the right technology to amplify the strategy.
- Evaluate agile ways of working to deliver regularly & iteratively. Balance the delivery of new programs with the continued optimization of live programs.
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have 8+ years hands-on experience in Lifecycle Marketing / CRM, developing winning data driven strategies.
- You have experience building a lifecycle marketing team & know how to inspire & motivate others to achieve their best work.
- You have a deep understanding of omni-channel strategies, tactics, & tools & a strong ability to develop backlogs & prioritize work based on business impact.
- You have strong domain expertise in dynamic, triggered notifications, & multi-platform direct customer communications.
- You are highly analytical & data-driven with the ability to surface meaningful insights from large data sets & are adept at A/B testing, forecasting, iterating, & tracking against key performance metrics.
- Have the ability to roll-up sleeves & lead by example at both strategic & tactical levels
- You have a competitive spirit with a strong bias for action for constant rapid testing, learning & iterating & have proven examples of how you have used this to deliver meaningful results.
- You are customer obsessed & understand the need to put customers at the center of all programs & engage with them seamlessly across all touch points in real-time.
- You can set a clear vision & help the team achieve it at the highest level of craft
- You have an open, curious, & inclusive mindset.
- You are an outstanding talent magnet who fosters career growth & attracts top talent to a high-performing team.
How youll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable & measurable leadership actions & skills that contribute to our effectiveness & success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs & how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other & execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel & make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, & contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes & failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself & others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company & work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity & earn the confidence & trust of others through honesty & authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization & leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture & drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, & deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities & face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm & service
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We dont just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, & hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. Were dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what were looking for (even if you dont check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start & grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, & inspiring content. Millions of businesses & individualsfrom community organizations to Fortune 100 companiestrust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 & based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, & Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks & benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers & give you ample opportunity to grow & succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression & gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants & employees based on any of these protected categories, & complies with all applicable state & federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.