The Appian People Operations & Payroll Team is seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist to support the exciting growth we're experiencing. We're looking for someone to support our US Payroll operations with opportunities to assist with International.
Duties may include & are not limited to data entry, processing payroll, performing reconciliations, audits, analyzing payroll issues, maintaining controls necessary to meet all regulations, & general support. This position is based out of our corporate headquarters in McLean, VA.
Are you a highly organized team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining special attention to detail? Do you have a passion for process improvement that allows you to make necessary changes that sets your team up for success? This could be the job for you!
To be successful in this role, you need:
- General working knowledge of federal, state, & local tax withholdings laws & regulations.
- Strong interpersonal & written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive & confidential employee information in a professional manner.
- Strong ability in analyzing payroll issues, maintaining controls necessary to meet all regulations.
- Proven abilities to support a dynamic & evolving working environment.
In this role, you will:
- Support & maintain all aspects of the payroll tax function including year end W2 processing.
- Assist compliance with statutory reporting & filing requirements (e.g., payroll taxes, Federal, State & local taxes including, W2s, W3s, & state equivalents
- Assist with the semimonthly US payroll processes as well as any off cycle processes.
- Perform cyclical audits & reconciliations of the payroll processes.
- Provide global payroll processing backup support.
- Assist to maintain compliance procedures.
- Assist with 3rd Party vendor files & payments.
- Provide support for payroll implementations & integrations.
- Support stock compensation processing globally.
- Assist to identify & implement enhancements & controls around processes in HRIS & payroll systems.
- Provide exceptional customer service & support to internal & external partners.
- Assist in documenting process procedures.
- Maintain professional & technical job knowledge by attending seminars, workshops, & maintaining professional networks & contacts.
- 3 - 5 years US payroll experience required.
- Workday payroll & ADP SmartCompliance a plus but not required.
- Global payroll is a plus.
- Certified payroll professional certification is a plus.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.