Growth Account Executive - Segment (East)
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Segment Growth Account Executive
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia & Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism & all forms of oppression & bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to drive opportunities through the entire sales cycle from pipeline generation to closure, employing a value-oriented sales methodology with a focus on use cases spanning customer data & marketing activation.
The right person for this role is a go-getter, who wants to develop & identify new revenue opportunities across Mid-Market accounts with experience & passion for a new logo acquisition & experience in driving scaled motions around customer expansion.
In this role, youll:
- Build upon the growth & adoption of Segment in the Growth market (1-100 employees)
- Lead compelling presentations of Segments product & vision to a broad range of audiences from c-level executives to individual contributors
- Develop expansion opportunities from our existing customer base & land new target accounts alongside Twilio Generalists
- Provide timely & accurate forecasts & clear visibility on sales & revenue performance by actively handling your pipeline of opportunities
- Partner with & coordinate cross-functional internal teams (Sales Development, Legal, Engineering, Security, Marketing, Product) to efficiently navigate complex sales cycles
- Engage in team development & mentoring
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Have 1-2+ years of quota carrying sales experience, preferably selling SaaS
- Maintain a proven record of consistently exceeding quotas
- Demonstrated success & commitment to pipeline generation
- Are proficient in modern sales processes/methodologies
- Are passionate about the marketing technology & data landscape
- Have excellent presence & proven ability to influence at all levels
- Possess strong analytical skill with a deep understanding of forecasting & managing through data
- Cross selling experience in IT, Marketing, Data, Analytics & Engineering
- Business value selling experience
This role will be remote, in EST states, & based in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $77,500 - $97,198.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions & eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.