VICE is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film & socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, & Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Strategy Director, Virtue
REPORTS TO:Head of Client Services & Business Development, Virtue
OVERVIEW: VIRTUE is seeking a Strategy Director to lead strategy across the VIRTUE lines of business & a growing team. This candidate will be accountable & responsible for the strategic leadership needs across brand partnerships. Internally, this candidate will need to exhibit strong leadership & management skills fostering the talents of the strategy teams, & providing vision for groups. The Strategy Director is also responsible for the financial health of the strategic lines of business. Externally, the Strategy Director must excel at helping to provide strategic leadership to client partners. This work includes helping to oversee all strategic considerations form client engagements & acting in an on-going consultative capacity to client stakeholders. The ideal candidate has a multi-disciplinary strategic skillset: demonstrating a mastery of brand, content, social, digital, & new media strategy. Furthermore the candidate should be adept at working with both traditional & emerging forms of research & measurement including formal qualitative research & spanning to the world of social listening & digital analytics.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop creative ideas & concepts provided by the creative team into comprehensive integrated marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for developing client-facing presentation materials required to bring to life strategies, creative, media & tactics related to campaigns & projects.
- Responsible for presenting & justifying strategic thinking to internal stakeholders & external clients.
- Respond to RFPs from agencies & brands by analyzing client business needs & by identifying relevant audience insights in order to produce accurate, concise & inspirational briefs for the creative team.
- Works closely with the Head of Client Service & Business Development on new business initiatives/pitches & owns the strategic perspective & output.
- Work directly with clients & partners as needed to help identify their business & communications needs & to articulate VIRTUEs role in meeting those needs.
- Generate insight & trend reports as required to feed campaign or project development.
- Source the most relevant audience & platform insights & applies them to a given pitch in a way that justifies the overall recommendation.
- Must work collaboratively with creative teams, account teams, & integrated production teams on a wide gamut of projects.
- Conceptualizes & formulates strategic initiatives that further VIRTUEs yearly & long-term planning objectives.
- Collaborates with senior management to devise effective short- & long-term plans.
- Sets actionable goals for the department or practice, team members & client agendas that lead to tangible results.
- Manages the economic & financial health of the strategy department & practice.
- Proficient in VICE & VIRTUEs unique approach & offering to building brands in the modern media landscape with a strong mastery of content marketing & new media.
- 5-7 years experience working with global brands & campaigns.
- Ability to lead a team of professionals.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field.
- Adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources of data. Experience in market research techniques such as ethnography a bonus.
- A compelling & confident storyteller adept within a pitch scenario; someone who can guide clients in brand, business & cultural understanding.
- An engaged thinker who strives to identify new business & growth opportunities.
- Highly proficient & inspiring presenter & moderator.
- Proactive work ethic & the ability to think analytically & conceptually.
- Disciplined & detail-oriented & creative problem-solving skills & a relentless work ethic.
- Challenges standard thinking with new ideas, approaches & solutions.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, management & collaboration.
- Self-directed & able to work independently without subject matter supervision.
- Bold, highly objective, inspiring, entrepreneurial, charismatic, kind, critical & fair.
- Ability to manage multiple large accounts & provide informed strategic recommendations.
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying & we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, & any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises & to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, & respects the dignity & independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.