Who we are & what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, & survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze & act on feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, & integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , & unlock growth & innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Brand Team
The SurveyMonkey Brand group is made up of creative & customer-centric collaborators who help our organization solve its toughest challenges. We're looking for marketers who share our values: you are curious, have bold ideas, & you love data.
What we're looking for
SurveyMonkey is looking for a Principal Content Strategist to create full-funnel content strategies for account-based marketing (ABM) of our market research solutions. You'll work with partners to conceptualize & build ABM content programs for 3 vertical industries: financial services (investment institutions), B2C (CPG), & B2B (SaaS tech). You'll report into our Content Marketing team within the Brand group, & partner with demand generation, product marketing, sales, web, paid marketing, design, & others. We have big ABM goals & we're looking for an experienced content marketing strategist to develop compelling content for ABM engagement & conversions.
You'll work with your demand generation partners & with the Principal Content Strategist responsible for top-of-funnel content, to develop & create content strategies for our vertical audiences. You'll do that by verticalizing & atomizing the supplied upper-funnel content for your specific audiences.
- Create vertical content & derivative assets from research-backed upper-funnel content & other brand content. The content you'll create will include vertical ads for ABM, vertical landing pages, & content for ABM campaigns (e.g. direct mailers, outreach through SurveyMonkey executive team, etc.)
- Help create the angle for ABM events (e.g. roundtables) & webinars, & create abstracts that align with our business story/campaign tie-in
- Craft presentation outlines/angles for these engagements
- Write content for third-party email spots & ad copy for placement in external media publications, targeted ads, & paid social
- Develop content assets & email copy for ABM email nurture streams
- Maintain an integrated editorial/campaign calendar across our 3 vertical markets
- 5-7 years of experience in a content role supporting demand generation campaigns, including 1 or more years supporting ABM programs
- An understanding of content marketing principles, especially the content journeys & formats that increase engagement & conversions
- A journalistic & customer-centric approach to content marketing
- The ability to understand our market research business goals for ABM & create supportive content journeys & experiences for our target audiences that engage, convert, & retain them
- The ability to report on the impact & performance of your efforts, learn from them & improve
- Familiarity & working knowledge of types of market research
- Familiarity with our 3 vertical markets (financial services, B2B tech, & B2C CPG), & experience creating content for at least 1 of the 3
- Comfortable with producing editorial copy & ad copy in equal measure
- Comfortable with design & layout as you'll flow copy & images into provided designed templates
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts here.