Sr. Product Manager - Embedded Identity Appliances
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights & experiences centered around the needs of real people, & in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity & humilityand have a good bit of fun along the way. Were always looking for smart, kind, & creative people to grow our team & impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe & easy for businesses to use data effectively.
LiveRamp is looking for a full-time Senior Product Manager to add to our growing Identity Product team. LiveRamp provides brands, platforms, & marketers identity products in three areas: embedded identity, graph building technologies, & data enrichment.
This role works within the Identity Product team with close collaboration with the identity engineering team with a keen focus on embedded identity, or how LiveRamp clients use our identity services as infrastructure into their mission critical identity resolution needs. Specifically, this role will focus on Identity Resolution appliances, or how we package our identity resolution capabilities into a package for running within our clients cloud/compute environment. Working closely with internal & external stakeholders, you will discover, define, communicate, prioritize, roll out, & support new identity product features that delight our customers. You will own & define the what & why of new products & work with your engineering team to prioritize key features that will be core to evolving our identity offerings.
A typical day involves meeting directly with internal & external stakeholders to gather requirements & communicate new functionality that has been released, writing product requirement documents for engineering teams, working with engineering teams to write user stories that convey clearly defined requirements & acceptance criteria for new product features, maintaining a meaningful long-term roadmap with clear business outcomes, & serving as a higher-level support resource on your products. The ability to effectively context switch is critical as you could be on a call with a VP of & diving deep into acceptance criteria with a senior engineer within the span of an hour. We work in a fast-paced environment in which you are empowered to make decisions in a small team setting. We are looking for a self-starter that welcomes challenges & has fun solving complex problems to join us.
- Own the overall success of identity products in which identity is embedded in an appliance. Examples are appliance-based capabilities to safeguard customer PII that needs resolution, Transcoding capabilities between ID Spaces, ID Encapsulation & Decryption Technologies, & real-time resolution capabilities against customer identifiers.
- Work on multiple complex initiatives at once, across different phases of the Product Development Lifecycle.
- Meet with customers to understand their needs & communicate how your roadmap will address them such as Supply Side Platform (SSPs), Ad Exchanges, & Demand Side Platform (DSPs).
- Write clear, concise requirements documents, RFCs, & user stories for engineers to be able to easily understand the what & why of a product or feature idea.
- Manage prioritization & trade-offs within your product area, working closely with the engineering team(s) & other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all products that you create adhere to our data ethics standards
- Analyze the competitive landscape of your product area to find gaps & opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate with Commercialization, Sales Enablement, & Operational teams to educate & drive the roll out of new products that you build
Your team will:
- Support you & collaborate with you on complex problems with you
- Provide all of the Tools & Training you need to understand our methodology & workflows
- Give guidance & timely feedback on questions that you have
- Offer you opportunities to build your skillset & provide plenty of growth opportunities
- 5+ Years of experience in a Product Management role
- Firm understanding of the Product Development Lifecycle (PDLC)
- Great grasp of the programmatic ecosystem - you know how Real-Time Bidding (RTB), Deal IDs, Direct Buys work.
- High level understanding of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platforms & technologies used to package software solutions as appliances.
- You love highly technical problems & diving in deep with Engineering on solutions.
- Full stack product developer: you can research, build, & defend business cases for new product development with little guidance.
- Excellent written, presentation, & verbal communication skills.
- Great problem solver - you thrive on finding creative solutions to poorly defined problems that impact customers.
- Experience with Agile software development
- Type S(tartup) personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working & proactive (no exceptions)
- Prior identity resolution experience
- Prior Development Operations (DevOps) knowledge & experience
- You optimally have worked at a Supply Side Platform (SSP), Demand Side Platform (DSP), or in an Exchange
- A firm technical understanding of web technologies & application programming interfaces (APIs) & prior experience developing products in these areas
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, & friendly people who love what they do
- Fun: We host in-person & virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, & sports leagues
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, options for working from home, & paid parental leave
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, & disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) & a fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan1:1 match up to 6% of salaryhelps you plan ahead (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment & ergonomics programwe help you set up your home office (Home-based LiveRampers)
- Location: work in the heart of New York and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamps mission is to connect data in ways that matter, & doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds & experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas & one another is one of our guiding principlesone that informs how we hire, train, & grow our global team across nine countries & four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) & does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.