We are changing the world! Want to help the largest organizations on the planet achieve unprecedented visibility & control over the most complex environments in the world?
Do you have an uncanny ability to understand customer needs & provide solutions? Do you have excellent technical skills along with the ability to translate those skills to any audience? Do you have world-class organizational & program management skills?
At Tanium our Technical Solutions Engineering (TSE) team works closely with Sales & Technical Account Management (TAM) teams to engage our customers. We guide & lead the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle, demo the platform, & provide comprehensive Proof of Value (POV).
You will be engaged in interactive pre-sales discovery meetings, analysis of customers current technology & architecture, operational & business needs; & the development & presentation of Tanium solutions. You will lead deep-dive technical discussions with the customer to position Taniums transformative enterprise operations & security platform to the relevant partners, from C-level to the technology user.
What youll do:
- Be directly responsible for new & ongoing technical sales within one or more of the largest multinational accounts
- Work with global sales to develop opportunities from initial discovery to deal close in order to shorten sales cycles & improve closing rate
- Function as a technical program manager, coordinating the activities of multiple regional TSEs supporting assigned global accounts to maintain strategic continuity
- Be an expert in Tanium solutions, identifying & recognizing opportunities within your accounts for expansion of Tanium capabilities
- Act as the direct conduit translating customer challenges into technical solutions, working directly with Product Management to position Tanium to solve those challenges
- Oversee end to end process with Product Management to ensure that key technical requests from Global Accounts are prioritized & delivered
- Manage discovery meetings with customers, provide platform demos, & plan/execute highly technical Proof of Value engagements
- Build relationships with existing & new business unit stakeholders within designated accounts for the purpose of expanding Tanium presence & effectiveness
- Function as a technical expert throughout Sales engagements, ensuring that tactical motions in the pre-sales & POV process line up with strategic account goals
- Partner with field engineering teams (TAMs) to ensure maximum technical effectiveness & consistent customer experience throughout customer organizations
- Consistently address your customers needs through astute verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Function as technical leadership to customer executives & as a primary owner of technical content for regular Executive Business Reviews
- Build, manage & maintain relationships with with peers & partners
- Participate & speak at regional marketing events & conferences
- Organize & conduct training throughout the customer organization
- Operate as a keystone in the sales model, working with the Sales, Marketing, Product, & TAM organizations to improve effectiveness & efficiency throughout the customer life-cycle
- Regional & global travel expected to be 40-60% to engage with customers & prospects in person
We are looking for someone with:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of operational and/or selling experience in endpoint operations or security
- 6+ years of experience in customer-facing or customer support positions
- 4+ years of experience working specifically with large, multinational customers
- Tanium experience is a strong plus
- Software pre-sales or related value-based influential technical-selling expertise in very large enterprise environments
- Experience presenting at multiple levels, from C-Suite to Solution Users
- Highly organized, detail oriented, with a proven experience in managing multiple concurrent projects or sales campaigns to successful outcomes
- Broad knowledge of the IT security, operations, & compliance space & products
- Deep knowledge with hands-on experience in one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Security
- IT Operations Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Naturally team-oriented with a mission-first attitude
Does this sound like you?
- Are you a go-to Technical Sales Engineer who excels under pressure in any situation?
- Do you thrive engaging with the most difficult problems in the most complex environments in the world?
- Do you have experience working with Global 100 customers?
- Can you navigate the complexity of global customers & execute excellence at every level?
- Do you enjoy using your technical expertise to build relationships at both the technical & managerial level with your customers?
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.