As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting & data science division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers & merchants) & solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance & profitability.
The VCA India & South Asia team sits within the VCA Asia Pacific regional team & provides a comprehensive range of consulting & analytics solutions that address unique challenges across four key practice areas: strategic growth, profit improvement, risk management & digital strategy.
What a Sr. Data Scientist does at Visa:
The Sr. Data Scientist is a key member of the VCA India & South Asia team who would be reporting to the Director, Data Science within VCA India & South Asia. She/he will work on engagements for key clients in Visa's India & South Asia region & support internal business decision making using analytics. She/he will be required to collaborate closely with clients & internal stakeholders to understand the business problem in order to determine the most appropriate approach that provides meaningful results to them.
- Delivering data science projects for India & South Asia for issuers, acquirers & merchants. Collaborating with the client team (both internal & external) to understand the business problem & desired business outcome
- Defining detailed scope & methodology, creating the framework, executing on the framework with appropriate data mining techniques
- Providing thought leadership in using data to solve business problems using innovative statistical solutions
- End-to-end delivery of multiple medium to large data science projects within timelines & budget requirements
- Mentoring other team members by providing guidance as & when required
- Enhancing existing techniques by promoting new methodology & best practices in the data science world
- Providing subject matter expertise & quality assurance of complex data driven data science projects
Why this is important to Visa
Visa being a network provider has a view of all the card transactions that are processed on Visa's network, which gives Visa the advantage of owning rich data containing transaction level details.
The Sr. Data Scientist will be able to unlock the power of this data, make meaningful models & insights from this data, collaborate with other data providers & partners to enhance the meaning from this data & add value to client's overall business. This role is very critical as it generates revenue for Visa. Since Visa Consulting & Analytics is a growing team, the potential to grow with the team is immense
Projects you will be a part of:
Being client focused, this role has the advantage of getting first-hand experience of business challenges & the exposure to solve real-world problems using analytical mind-set.
The Sr. Data Scientist would be solving problems in the entire journey of the client starting from customer acquisition to engagement & finally to retention. The projects range through multiple practice areas such as Strategy, Product, Portfolio management, Risk & Digital. She/he will get an opportunity to work across multiple clients & touch upon all the practise areas.
What you will need:
- Minimum 5+ years of analytical experience in applying statistical solutions to business problems
- Post Graduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, MBA, or equivalent experience preferred
- Hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as SAS/Salford SPM/Hadoop/R/SQL/Python/Hive
- Proficiency in some of the following statistical techniques: Linear & Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Markov Chains, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, Factor analysis etc.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, & managing multiple analytics projects with diverse cross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to innovate solutions to solve business problems
- Results oriented with strong analytical & problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor
- Good business acumen with strong ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies. Experience in cards/payments, retail banking, or retail merchant industries is important
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible style, with the ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels
- Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, & delivery
- Experience in presenting ideas & analysis to stakeholders
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity & strive to continually learn
- Client facing experience with strong communication skills