Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy empowers people to transform their personal & professional lives by helping them learn modern skills. Our vision is to create economic opportunity by becoming the leading platform for anyone in the world to build a more lucrative & rewarding career. Become a part of this mission & join our team to build a global community of chapters for collaborative learning. As a Community Manager in charge of the Chapters program, you will scale Chapters worldwide, creating collaborative, productive, & positive communities of passionate Codecademy learners who wish to learn together. You will work with Chapter Leaders & the Codecademy Product & Marketing teams to build & promote experiences that connect people at a local level all over the world, allowing them to learn with others & thus have a more well-rounded & effective learning experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Scale the Codecademy Chapters program from dozens to thousands.
- Support our Chapter Leaders as their primary point-of-contact.
- Help Chapter Leaders grow their chapter membership & increase the number & quality of their meetups. Refine processes, create resources, & find new & innovative ways to support meetups.
- Recruit & onboard new Chapter Leaders.
- Reactivate dormant chapters.
- Create strategic initiatives to build chapters in underrepresented areas.
- Work with Chapter Leaders to create innovative ways to engage their community & grow their chapter.
- Foster chapter-based communities to support cities, schools, & interest groups globally.
Measure the business impact of the Chapters program.
- Tie Chapter & meetup engagement to key product metrics such as acquisition, activation, conversion, & retention.
- Work with the Data Science team to develop insights that can be used to evolve the Chapters program & increase its positive impact on the business.
- Work with our Marketing team to surface chapter stories & promote them broadly.
- Share chapter stories & results with the company on a consistent basis.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- You have a natural enthusiasm for learning to code with Codecademy & youll lead by example. You create & nurture a fun, imaginative, & collaborative space for Chapters Leaders & their chapter members.
- You demonstrate an ability & penchant for project management; you take a project-driven approach to partnering with chapters on new initiatives & campaigns.
- Youre a people-person & a connector: you have natural relationship-building skills, you're deeply empathetic, & you have a proven love for developing communities.
- You demonstrate verifiably excellent public speaking, written, & interpersonal communication skills.
- You have a firm understanding & ability to speak about technical products.
- Youre extroverted; you get energy from interacting with people & understand whats needed to help people feel welcome & like they belong
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Experience working with community platform tools such as Bevy, Discourse, & Discord.
- Experience working in the technical education industry, ideally in a customer-facing role.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.