Foursquare is the leading independent location technology & data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces & physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, & achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquares location tech stack is being utilized by the worlds largest enterprises & most recognizable brands.
Foursquares flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact & drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest & real-world behavior patterns (Places & Visits), & tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification & visualization (Unfolded Studio).
About the Team
This role falls under our PMO organization. The PMO team is responsible for defining, implementing, & maintaining the standards for program & project management across multiple organizations at Foursquare. Project Managers drive our product enhancements, technical integrations, & cross-functional projects with Executive-level visibility.
About the Role
The Technical Project Manager will work on cross-functional projects & programs with Executive-level visibility. Example programs include post-merger integration, User Privacy enhancements, & clean room integrations. These strategic programs need a Technical Project Manager to take a concept, develop a point of view, & lead the delivery across a wide range of teams internally & externally. The Technical Project Manager will join the PMO, reporting to the Director of Technical Program Management.
You will own the definition & delivery of programs, bringing expertise in both project management & building relationships with stakeholders across a wide set of functions. Through collaboration with business partners & engineering teams, this role will drive forward strategic initiatives that will massively impact the operational efficiency of Foursquare.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Project Managers drive our product enhancements, technical integrations, & cross-functional projects with Executive-level visibility
- Communicate project status & risk to relevant stakeholders, team, & partners, including up the management chain, escalating when appropriate on trade-off decisions
- Manage a diverse portfolio of projects, identifying goals, objectives, & iterative deliverables for implementation. Document requirements (using Jira & Confluence). Create quarterly OKRs, including Objective statements & KRs to assess impact. Balance competing factors (risk mitigation & issue resolution, dependency management, highest-ROI, etc.) to effectively maximize impact to customers.
- Maintain & grow relationships with our technical counterparts at our strategic partners including, but not limited to, DSPs, DMPs, CDPs, Cloud Service providers
- Act as internal subject matter expert on current channel integrations & integration capabilities with the ability to clearly communicate operational workflow to customer-facing teams
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role or similar working experience
- Specific Software languages or Systems
- Experience working at the most senior levels of leadership & with external partners
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences, & connecting business context & customer impact to engineering tasks
- Understand software engineering fundamentals
- BA/BS degree
Nice to have
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certified
- Experience in location, data platforms, and/ or marketing technology
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- Knowledge of Jira & Confluence
Perks & benefits
- Learning & development programs from individual contributors to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest & recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive & competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware & internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot & Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.