Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the The Role:
As the Manager of our Smart Cities Service Desk, you will be responsible for the operational support of our Link, Transit, & Connected Community products & the adherence to our prescribed service levels. You will work closely with all product workstreams to enhance the stability & uptime of our services to deliver on our mission. You will jump between technical & partner management discussions & you will work closely with other team members to grow & streamline our collective capability. This role requires excellent team management & leadership skills, as well as the ability to think & speak clearly. You should be a strong collaborator, creative problem solver, & someone who enjoys learning & sharing knowledge.
Within your first month:
- Meet & greet the team! You will establish relationships with the Service Desk, business team, engineering, our technical partners, & product teams.
- Work closely with the Service Desk & help them take tickets to understand our tooling & the universe of technical challenges they face.
- Familiarize yourself with our contracts & service level agreements.
- Collaborate with the Service Desk Technical Manager to transfer service delivery responsibilities.
Within your first three months:
- Take over leadership & management responsibilities of our Tier 1.5 team.
- Work with Service Desk Director to grow team to 24/7/365 capability.
- Build support workflow & supporting systems for a new product deployment.
- Establish tight feedback loops with business, product, engineering, & external partners.
- Baseline SLA performance & implement plan for improvement.
Within your first nine months:
- Add additional products and/or markets to our service portfolio
- Take ownership of operational reporting
- Work with Service Desk Director to build a cost model for tiered service level offerings
- Reduce OpEx by resolving key operational or technical challenges
Youre great for this role because:
- You have experience leading & mentoring a team to deliver high-quality work
- You have a proven track record of supporting successful tech-based products at scale
- You are passionate about meeting customer commitments
- You have significant troubleshooting experience & an understanding of networking, hardware, Linux, & Android OS
- You have strong data analysis skills & an ability to identify trends & drive business decisions through data
- You have strong communication skills & are comfortable presenting to leadership
- You are able to balance whats ideal with whats practical & understand how to make incremental steps to improve
- You have experience with ZenDesk administration