INTURN is the leading global platform that standardizes the way the retail industry plans shops & transacts off price inventory
INTURNs Brand Marketing & Communications Lead will be responsible for the positioning, brand building & communications of INTURN to the business to business marketplace. This person will have the opportunity to create & shape the marketplace conversation around a topic that is typically not spoken about but is a top priority & problem for brands & retailers. This is an innovative role that is designed for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude & spirit.
The Brand Marketing & Communications Lead will be a creative marketer that has a proven expertise developing a brand through earned media, social platforms, speaking opportunities, events & more. They will be imaginative in their approach to the marketplace, broadening INTURNs reach & awareness & developing new opportunities for INTURN, & its executives, to interact & engage with decision makers & industry leaders. This position is both strategic & hands-on developing the brand & communications strategy as well as implementing it.
It is expected the Brand Marketing & Communications Lead will be an outstanding communicator, evangelizing INTURNs message both internally as well as externally. This person will be original in their thinking & scientific in their approach. They will have a keen understanding & expertise in breaking down complex business problems & technologies & communicating bold ideas & concepts, in the simplest way, to the business marketplace. It is expected this person have outstanding writing skills as they will be the creator of content for both PR purposes as well as for blog, social posts & other opportunities that this hire conceives or develops on behalf of INTURN.
The Marketing & Communications Lead is a self-starter & doer, leveraging existing assets & talent within the INTURN organization to meet their goals of building & communicating the INTURN brand & solution.
- Develop overall brand & communications strategy on behalf of INTURN
- Develop clear messaging around INTURNs value proposition & offering, articulating the problem INTURN is solving for & demonstrating the solutions found on the INTURN
- Develop target markets & personas for marketing & communications
- Create a go-to-market plan that is realistic to execute against considering personal bandwidth & resources.
- Develop press & media strategy to showcase INTURN as a thought leader in the business community & to keep INTURN & its executive team top of mind for speaking opportunities, media quotes & more. Scale strategy & plan as business develops and
- Build & maintain relationships with press & media community across multiple sectors that may include SMB, Retail, Finance or other expanding INTURNs marketplace
- Create & execute against overall content strategy that may include blogging, social media, white papers and
- Update & create any brand collateral that may be needed for sales & marketing
- Write press releases
- Develop events strategy for speaking engagements & sponsorships. Events can include 3rd Party or continuation of INTURNs Working Capital Summit which was launched in 2018 in partnership with Boston Consulting
- Manage any third party marketing relationships that may include technology vendors, writers, agencies and
- Execute on any additional brand marketing or communication strategies that are personally developed for overall business
- Knowledge & experience leveraging all aspects of traditional & new media for marketing & communications
- Expertise in developing talking points, presentations, press releases & other materials related to marketing communications & messaging.
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills.
- Comfort speaking on panels & representing brand at industry events & other.
- Experience in Public Relations & writing press releases.
Benefits & Perks
- Personal Development Spend (800/year)
- Sabbatical (after 4 years you get an additional month off)
- Medical, dental, & vision health care
- Paid Parental leave (12 weeks)
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation days: 18
- Unlimited sick time (Humans First! policy)
- Equity options
- Company outings & summer events
- Friday lunches... #noms