Video accounts for some 80% of todays global Internet traffic. Vimeos Video hosting stack enables high quality experience to our creators & viewers. The mission of this team is to architect & deploy innovative solutions to save costs without negatively impacting Video QoE (Quality of Experience). These goals are achieved by understanding product features (old, new, & future) & identifying architectural inefficiencies & potential optimizations. The successful candidate will have worked on large scale distributed systems & has developed end to end solutions, including building alerting & data visualization tools.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering teams to optimize hosting operations
- Drive technical & architectural planning
- Implement & deploy the solutions
- Help build trust between the teams & stakeholders, & automate early detection of potential changes that could impact the business
- Promote a data-driven strategy for making decisions
- Propose ideas & test new solutions to improve the quality & performance of the system
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (Go, Python, Node.js) & the ability to pick up new programming languages as needed
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms (GCP or AWS)
- Familiarity with one or more CDNs
- Familiarity with concurrent, parallel, & distributed computing
- Experience with Linux systems & shell scripting
- Experience in Container Technologies (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Basic competence with SQL
- Solid CS background: algorithms & data structures, application of complexity theory, ability to formulate trade offs based on the problem youre trying to solve
- 4+ years building backend solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Experience in Big Data Technologies (BigQuery, Snowflake, Kafka, Spark, Druid, DataFlow, DataProc)
- Experience in delivering end to end video workflows
- Experience in Data Science & Machine Learning
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. With over 175 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create & market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, & is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.