Kobalt is seeking a Senior level Business Partner to join a values-driven & growing People & Culture team. Reporting to the VP of People & Culture UK & Rest of World, this role will support circa 300 employees across the UK business where you will partner with the leadership teams & have global ownership of the Publishing Operations teams, AMRA (our digital music collection society) & Neighbouring Rights, as well as provide BU support for the Synchronisation & Creative teams & AWAL (our recordings function).
The People & Culture department is a growing team of 20+ made up of Business Partners (known internally as P&C Managers), Learning & Development, Employee Communications, Compensation & Benefits & Internal Recruitment.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music & technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers & labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting & for artists to maintain ownership & control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, & monetized. This global technology platform is able to track & collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists & songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, & many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs & albums in both the US & UK.
Were currently 650 people based across 13 offices & were still growing.
WHAT DOES A PEOPLE & CULTURE BUSINESS PARTNER AT KOBALT DO?
- Partner with leadership teams on people & culture & change management initiatives
- Builds a strategic P&C plan on their business unit which supports the growth & challenges of their area
- Support staff by building a first-class employee experience, promoting development feedback, objective setting, employee engagement
- Promote & engage in well-being & diversity / inclusion initiatives
- Manage all employee relation cases from initial advice through to completion
- Work with Learning & Development on learning programmes where necessary
- Roll out & embed career progression framework & advise managers on compensation discussions
- Ensure the HRIS data is up to date & changes are communicated to the P&C Coordinator
- Use data & insights to influence & support business decisions & changes
- Report on P&C activity, including headcount, attrition, diversity, ER
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Business Understanding:
- Use to working with a creative or media industry
- Business Partnering:
- Senior level stakeholder management
- Using metrics / data to advise & influence
- Change Management / ER
- Support staff going through huge amounts of change & business growth.
- Strong handling of managing complex ER cases
- HR knowledge
- Broad generalist understanding & exposure to the following would be advantageous: managing annual salary reviews, actioning employee survey results, running workshops, performance management
- Ideally CIPD qualified
- Business savvy & analytical
- Can manage a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication with first class relationship building skills
- A self-starter who has a problem-solving mindset with a flexible & proactive attitude
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
AWAL x Forbes
AWAL x Billboard
Music Week - The Music Industrys Best Friend
Music Business Worldwide We are Building for the Future of the Music Business
Economist - Disrupters
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process & a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas & New Years when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health & Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise 45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME | Eligible after 1-month continuous service. Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning & development you will have access to a range of tools & courses appropriate to your role & career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business & Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub & Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT AND CEREAL AVAILABLE DAILY
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events & parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalts salary exchange pension scheme with Aviva provides the benefit of a company matched pension contribution up to 5%, subject to eligibility.
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.